Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

If you were Yeti owner Chris Conroy...

I have been a fanatical Tribe Member for the last 13 years and I have been thinking about things I wish Yeti would add to their current lineup of products.

Me? A steel version of the ACR would be awesome. Or, how about a “Legacy Series” of semi- custom frames constructed and welded in Golden CO? I would place orders for both today.

So, if you were Yeti owner Chris Conroy what would you add?

Illuminati
    I can fully understand why you'd want those frames, but realistically theres nowhere near enough people out there who'd want them, which is why they're not currently offered.

mtbr member
    An SB-95 in turquoise (AL and Carbon)
    An SB-650b
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member
    Probably nothing different that what he is doing. They're dropping models that are not moving in enough volume to be profitable. Despite how much I like my ASR7, I completely understand why it's gone. Carbon trail bikes and 29'ers are selling. Maybe wehn 27.5 gets even bigger they'll add that on. The SB66 and SB95 are really helping them to compete better with brands like Santa Cruz, Pivot and the like. People dropping 5K+ on a bike want the latest and greatest suspension.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If you were Yeti owner Chris Conroy...

"I'd visit sea otter and tell every beautiful girl that I am Yeti owner Chris Conroy" ;-)

Jokes aside, I totally agree with the first post.

Something like an FRO anniversary steel edition would be cool.
    I highly doubt that they could create custom capacities though. If you want the real deal you can still give Frank the Welder a call and order one of his more recent creations...

However, as already mentioned I think that some of the following models would be great or might already be on the horizon:

29er Carbon HT
    SB-95C
    SB 650B
    100mm 29er CC Fully
    updated ARC, possibly in 650B or 29" (tapered headtube, direct mount FD and RB), etc.
    Trail HT

Mr. Knowitall
    I would enforce Yeti colors on all models with no other options.

EDR
    Anodized finish options across the lineup.

Mai
    mtbr member
    More color carbon options

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Full carbon 575
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Awesomist™
    A downhill bike.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    I'd release a limited edition carbon seatpost, custom-molded in the likeness of my dong for all of my fan boys to sit on.

Then I'd go with eatdrinkride's suggestion of anno frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sb95c
    Sb95 in more colors
    Sb650

Sneaker man
    In a selfish way, for me...
    I'd breing ARC production back to the US and only do limited numbers
    i'd lso do a limited yearly run on steel FROs
    and to top it off, a ti arc too...

and since some guy here in aust just got himself a brand new road project build I assume they can still build stuff, so its all doable, just in low numbers and all bikes can be ordered with whatever wheel size you want (so long as its 26)
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post

I'd breing ARC production back to the US and only do limited numbers
    i'd lso do a limited yearly run on steel FROs
    and to top it off, a ti arc too...
    That would be very cool. I had my early 90's FRO built with custom geo and paint. Would be nice to have that option again.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    Full carbon 575
    +1 on this...would love to see a full carbon 575...

Sneaker man
    oh yeah, and as someone else said, turquoise should be an available option (not manditory) on every bike.
    It possible that I may by a FS bike next year and a yeti would be on the list, but for me (and this is me) I would only ever by a yeti in that colour...
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    I'd think it would be cool if they offered the Powder coating service again, so you could send your frame in, have them re-coat it in what ever (Yeti) color you like.

On a more serious note build up a limited run of custom bikes spec'd for racing Enduro, geared toward the non-sponsored riders yet offering some additional adjustability such as an angle set, maybe a dropper post and a few other options that you could pick off a build sheet.

And they should be given a custom Paint Job or color to differentiate them from the other similar offerings.

Offer up some re-released vintage clothing too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Whilst we're dreaming, give me a Big wheeled ASR-C (650B or 29"), Road bike, Disc brake ARC-X, Seven/ ASX replacement with 7" travel and rails.
    http://wembleycycles.com/ Yeti Cycles Dealer for Western Australia.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Some good suggestions here, guys. Although we aren't setup to do custom work anymore, I think you might be surprised at how many of the other requests on your wish list are already in the works.

BTW, I showed Conroy himself this thread, and he got a big kick out of it. He especially liked the "show up at Sea Otter and bag chicks" suggestion - he said that even if he wasn't more than 20 years into his marriage, he still wouldn't give that a shot due to his ugly mug.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    BTW, I showed Conroy himself this thread, and he got a big kick out of it. He especially liked the "show up at Sea Otter and bag chicks" suggestion - he said that even if he wasn't more than 20 years into his marriage, he still wouldn't give that a shot due to his ugly mug.

JP
    Ya but what his response to the 'custom' seat post?

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    I hold my Yeti purchase until it come up with a 650b/27.5 SB frameset.
    In meantime I slap my 650B wheelset to any frame I got that fit.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Some good suggestions here, guys. Although we aren't setup to do custom work anymore, I think you might be surprised at how many of the other requests on your wish list are already in the works.

JP
    this is cool and why we love Yeti! They care...imho

mtbr member

JP
    Although they will not build me a FRO or a steel ARC- hint hint…. It is refreshing to see a company that “gets it”. Some manufactures do a good job in staying in touch with customers and their needs, but few manufactures can match Yeti’s customer engagement and its immersion in the MTB culture.

Oh- if Chris is still listening.. add a steel Road Project and a turquoise option for the entire line up to the list!

Sneaker man
    jsut a question, why would you want a steel arc, fro i can understand, but arc to me is always an aluminium bike...just like if they make a carbon HT, shouldn't be called an arc, but something else...(ultimate maybe)

but as all my bikes are in boxes travelling far away so may as well ponder as have nothing else to do but finish packing...if you guys do make some sort of steel anniversary, retro throwback bike, can you make it with 26in wheels...and easily available to the whole world...
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    jsut a question, why would you want a steel arc, fro i can understand, but arc to me is always an aluminium bike...just like if they make a carbon HT, shouldn't be called an arc, but something else...(ultimate maybe)
    You are right, I was not clear. I wish for a steel hard tail. ARC geometry built with Reynolds 853 or True Temper OX Platinum would be perfect! I know I can get a frame in this spec other places, but I want it to be a Yeti.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast