Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Wow, never thought of that. Plunk down 3 grand for the bike then spend another $500 to paint it the color that defined Yeti.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I love my Yeti's. Have a 575 and a 303RDH. Looking for something in the middle. Something with 6-7 inches of travel, slack HT angle, fairly light so I can still climb everything, but burly and a true All-Mtn bike. Considering a freeride bike but not sure. Don't think the 66 is going to do it for me, but I haven't tried one yet. Was thinking about a 650b for a while (29 is just out of the question for my riding style) but really just want a do-it-all bike that isn't a tank, and can take a real beating. Gonna borrow a friends new UZZI for a day (he offered) and see if that works. Wish you guys at Yeti made a bike like the one in my head. I'm hoping to find the perfect bike before next spring.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjohn21 View Post
    I love my Yeti's. Have a 575 and a 303RDH. Looking for something in the middle. Something with 6-7 inches of travel, slack HT angle, fairly light so I can still climb everything, but burly and a true All-Mtn bike .
    You pretty much defined the SB66 right there. You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't test one. Objectively, it's the most versatile bike I've ever owned in my life, and I can't really think of anything else that comes close.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    You pretty much defined the SB66 right there. You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't test one. Objectively, it's the most versatile bike I've ever owned in my life, and I can't really think of anything else that comes close.

JP
    +1

The 66 is the definition of an All-Mountain bike. I could easily see myself taking it on the chairlifts of New England. The 95 is the definition of a Trail bike. The only thing it needs is a carbon version and a dropper seat. I don't even see the need for there to be a SB-650b, but that might satisfy those who want something in the middle.
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny thunder View Post
    I would like to see internal cable routing (for stealth dropper post also) on a carbon SB-95 and SB-650.
    That's the ticket right there! Carbon 95 and a SB76 (27" wheels and 6 in travel).

Other ASR options Might sell to the devout but not to the general public

And turquoise options on everything!!!! :-)
    Not on the rug...man!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    Full carbon 575
    Why don't they make a carbon 575? Always kinda wondered that.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    Why don't they make a carbon 575? Always kinda wondered that.
    In the early years, we honestly didn't really have the technology to do a carbon 575 properly. In later years, the 575 kind of evolved into a (relatively) budget-friendly model, and the added cost of molding up carbon would defeat that purpose.

For what it's worth, we have a few things in the pipeline that may please you. Stay tuned over the next couple years.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecwashere7 View Post
    +1

The 66 is the definition of an All-Mountain bike. I could easily see myself taking it on the chairlifts of New England. The 95 is the definition of a Trail bike. The only thing it needs is a carbon version and a dropper seat. I don't even see the need for there to be a SB-650b, but that might satisfy those who want something in the middle.
    Wheel durability issues aside, I wonder how much of a difference in frame durabilty there is between the 66 and 95 - A models to A models obviously.

I had my 95 on Burke Mtn last Labor day weekend for an afternoon, and while I didn't hit EVERY trail there it sure handled well and felt good on everything I threw it at - speed berms - jumps - drops - etc. If I'd had the dropper post there I'd have been even more aggressively, maybe. I did not "miss" the extra inch of travel at all.

I WILL say that I found Burke Mtn to be fun but pretty tame from a bike-park perspective - my previous bike park experience includes Pajarito at Los Alamos, Mtn Creek in Vernon NJ, Plattekill in NY, Highland Mtn in NJ, and Blue Mtn in Palmerton PA. To me that makes it a VERY appropriate addition to a weekend at Kingdom Trails.

I could see a light and/or very-finessed rider being able to "throw down" with the 95 on lots of terrain - but that probably exceeds the intended use of the machine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3