I'm with you there...
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Some good suggestions here, guys. Although we aren't setup to do custom work anymore, I think you might be surprised at how many of the other requests on your wish list are already in the works.

BTW, I showed Conroy himself this thread, and he got a big kick out of it. He especially liked the "show up at Sea Otter and bag chicks" suggestion - he said that even if he wasn't more than 20 years into his marriage, he still wouldn't give that a shot due to his ugly mug.

JP

John P- Do you think you guys will ever do ano frames again? If I can ask, why don't you guys do more Ano frames? Thanks for conversing with us scrubs on forums like this, by the way.

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    jsut a question, why would you want a steel arc, fro i can understand, but arc to me is always an aluminium bike...
    Very true. I just wish it was still made in XL.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    I would like to see internal cable routing (for stealth dropper post also) on a carbon SB-95 and SB-650.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny thunder View Post
    I would like to see internal cable routing (for stealth dropper post also) on a carbon SB-95 and SB-650.
    I will one up you, and go internal routing on all bikes, clean the lines on every bike!!
    An SB-67 for sure and a Carbon 575 650B bike, oh la la.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 410sprint View Post
    You are right, I was not clear. I wish for a steel hard tail. ARC geometry built with Reynolds 853 or True Temper OX Platinum would be perfect! I know I can get a frame in this spec other places, but I want it to be a Yeti.
    FTW will make one for you- bike would have a Yeti historical link, just not a Yeti.

Frank The Welder | Frank Wadelton – Bicycle Fabrication
    Yeti SB-95a Black

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    John P- Do you think you guys will ever do ano frames again? If I can ask, why don't you guys do more Ano frames? Thanks for conversing with us scrubs on forums like this, by the way.
    I'm always asking for this. I ride in very rocky terrain and ime ano just hold up much better. My '12 575 painted frame has as many blems as my '08 ano 575 frame did after 3 years of riding. It sure has it's place for many of us.

I will say though, my '12 gossy black frame with white lettering and grey flashes sure is pretty. Nice job guys on that paint scheme!

Anyone remember the first 575 black frames back in '04. Looked bland and kinda like a cheap-o bike. "You've come a long way Baby"

mtbr member
    just a few more items to add to my Christmas List ............

1) bring back the cross bike: ARC-x with disc brakes.
    2) solid 650b with your stellar 575 standards.
    3) lightweight 29er xc rockets: both HT and full suspension: HTRc 29er & ASRc 29er.
    4) bring back Team Yeti for xc - recruit/steal some top-notch US xc riders to race the 29ers.

Thank you Mr. Conroy !
    my yeti is smarter than your honor student !

mtbr member
    With the turquoise frames have more parts available in the same color scheme. I'd kill for a set of CK hubs in turquoise to match my 25th 575's headset, BB and fork.

Have a full custom shop, 'cause yes, certain diehards will pay for exclusivity.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The DJ frame looks incredibly stout and I love it. I think that it should be "blingy-er" (just made it up) and come in Yeti blue, as well as some colored wheelsets/cables/clamps etc.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    No worries. I was on these forums a lonnnnng time before I started here with Yeti, so I'm happy to participate when my schedule allows.

Anyway, we went away from Ano finishes for a couple of reasons - first, it was very hard to get a consistent finish, but the bigger reason was just that we got much more demand for paint/powdercoat. As our company has grown over the years, it has become harder and harder to offer suspension designs, sizes, parts kits, colors, and finishes that fit all of our customers, so I hope you can still find something within our line that works well for you.

John P.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Come to think of it, wouldn't it be cost effective to revise the ASR5 Al or C to have rear stay to fit 650b? BB height is not too tall anyway in current 26" set up.
    That would be awsome and would revive the legendary ASR line up. Count me in if that will be in the pipeline.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    a 650b ARC

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    When's the new line up being released?
    The wait is killing me...
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    Yes THIS!!!!!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMutt View Post
    Yes THIS!!!!!
    Hey guys-

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating: We're getting away from announcing drastic changes to our line and moving towards releasing new models one at a time, as we complete them. This will only happen once they've passed our rigorous internal and 3rd-party testing and the bikes are physically in our warehouse (no more of this "2 more weeks" paradigm that we've all dealt with from almost every bike company out there). For more info, check out this thread:
    New Yeti model on the horizon!?!

Cheers,

John P.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Hey guys-

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating: We're getting away from announcing drastic changes to our line and moving towards releasing new models one at a time, as we complete them. This will only happen once they've passed our rigorous internal and 3rd-party testing and the bikes are physically in our warehouse (no more of this "2 more weeks" paradigm that we've all dealt with from almost every bike company out there). For more info, check out this thread:
    New Yeti model on the horizon!?!

Cheers,

John P.
    I think that's good logic. The Seven was anticipated for a very long time and people started getting frisky. If I were you (Yeti) I'd keep new releases close to the vest as well. It's a win win as folks get stoked when the new stuff comes out and not let down when it takes longer than anticipated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

27.5 suited rear triangles for ASR-5 and 575

27.5 suited rear triangles for ASR-5 and 575 and by doing this give current or future owners a chance to buy the rear traingle and use a bigger wheel size.
    Just a thought...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by epiclimber View Post
    27.5 suited rear triangles for ASR-5 and 575 and by doing this give current or future owners a chance to buy the rear traingle and use a bigger wheel size.
    Just a thought...
    I really like the idea of a 575 27.5. That would be awesome if they did that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Just a thought...

ditto...

mtbr member
    Agree with epiclimber and smellurfingers about the rear triangles re-fabricated to fit the larger 27.5 wheels. There is a big market there that Yeti can capitalize and retain all of those devoted Yeti owners with 575 and ASR-5.

I'm lucky that my '07 575 aluminum rear triangle accepts the 27.5 wheel size. Decided to try it last winter and absolutely love it ! Rolls much better with the momentum of a 29er and the wheels do not get hung up in the 26-in. craters.
    my yeti is smarter than your honor student !

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yetimeister514 View Post
    Agree with epiclimber and smellurfingers about the rear triangles re-fabricated to fit the larger 27.5 wheels. There is a big market there that Yeti can capitalize and retain all of those devoted Yeti owners with 575 and ASR-5.

I'm lucky that my '07 575 aluminum rear triangle accepts the 27.5 wheel size. Decided to try it last winter and absolutely love it ! Rolls much better with the momentum of a 29er and the wheels do not get hung up in the 26-in. craters.
    Perhaps they could do it just with the replaceable dropouts, as I believe Intense did. They already have the chip system. They could do it for the ASR-C too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    The fact that the only way to get a Bigtop in Turquoise is to look for a leftover or used frame should be a major concern for Yeti. WTF? Why can't every model have a Turquoise option?

nero
    -Paint it Turquoise-

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    I really like the idea of a 575 27.5. That would be awesome if they did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    ditto...
    Quote Originally Posted by yetimeister514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    Perhaps they could do it just with the replaceable dropouts, as I believe Intense did. They already have the chip system. They could do it for the ASR-C too.
    Guys-
    Sometimes I wish we'd just do something like this, too. The problem is that it's impossible to change one aspect of the bike (take your pick: geo., wheelsize, shock rate, etc.) without drastically impacting the others. Believe me, we've tried doing this sort of thing in prototyping, and the bikes did not have the sort of ride we'd ever want to put our name on.

Consequently, whenever we do a bike with a different wheel size, we start from scratch and make sure everything is dialed on it from the beginning. See the SB95 vs the SB66 for proof of this - we developed the 66 first, and when it came time to do the 95, we didn't just lengthen the seat and chain stays, we completely redesigned the frame to give it the sort of ride that bike deserves (a ride that is noticeably different from the 66).

In a nutshell, this is what Yeti's all about - perfecting the ride. Because we all ride so damn much, we're OBSESSED with dialing in geometry, shock rate, and overall handling of our bikes, and there's very rarely an easy solution (e.g. bolting on some different dropouts or a swingarm). Living by this philosophy is a lot more expensive and time consuming for us, but the ride is what makes a Yeti a Yeti. Our whole company is founded on this premise.

Hope this helps explain things a little.

JP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast