Fall Branch Felon

Identifying year models

Anyone know how to tell for sure what year your Yeti is?

The guy I bought my ASR from couldn't remember what year he bought it, and the shop is only giving me a rough estimate.

From what little I remember about the year changes, I'm judging by the rear stays having pivots instead of the carbon or ti flex piece, and assuming it's somewhere between an 01 and 02.
    I'd like to know exactly for sure, so if I want to order a rebuild kit I'll know what to order.

Have any of you ever rebuilt the pivots with bearings/bushing from a local bearing house, instead of stuff specifically from Yeti? You can get pretty much the same stuff, and sometimes even better grade, for less money if you bring in the old bearings and bushings to them.
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

Fall Branch Felon
    Surely someone has an idea.

Maybe the serial number on the bottom?

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I think you just answered your own question. Call yeti with the serial number. I assume they should have every serial number on file.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Last year I bought a used AS-X, and before I bought it, I called Yeti to find out how to find the model year.

The year can be found in the serial number. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how, right now (I think it's either the first 2 digits, or the 2nd two digits... 04 being 2004, etc.). Call or e-mail Yeti. I assume it would be the same for the ASR.

www.yetifan.com
    If you need info like this, drop by Yetifan, I can answer stuff like this off the top of my head..............

Take a look here......... http://www.yetifan.com/bikeography_fs.html

Your bike is an AS-R from 00 - 02, and the parts from Yeti you need are......

If its an 00-01 or early 02 it will have bushings in the main pivot and you need

if its the late 02 version (probably it won't be)

for any more info on your AS-R, then please just drop me a mail andrew@yetifan.com

Andrew

Fall Branch Felon
    Thanks Yetifan.........................any chance of converting bushing bikes to bearings?

Surely if you brought your bushings to a local bearing house, they could match up the right size bearing for you to swap out.

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite