Thread: I want a 575!

Serenity now!

I want a 575!

I've been researching and shopping for a FS 26" for months. I am sold on Yetis, and I think a 575 is the right one for me.

But I can't find one! I live in Maine-only one dealer in the state. He has one medium SB 66 left- that's it. I checked pinkbike and eBay and Craigslist, the online sales places like Jenson and competitive cycles websites.

I want a black with turquoise or turquoise frame. Should I just wait for the 2013? Does anyone have ideas for other places I could look?

Serenity now!
    Dammit, nothing fell from the sky into my lap overnight. I guess I'll have to exercise my atrophied patience muscle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieChik View Post
    Dammit, nothing fell from the sky into my lap overnight. I guess I'll have to exercise my atrophied patience muscle.
    ......or buy the SB and never look back

Serenity now!
    I feel like the SB 66 is too much bike for me..I'm just finishing my first season of singletrack riding and I'm a conservative rider, though I get more courage as my skills grow. Am I wrong? Will I become an awesome aggressive downhiller on that SB?

Awesomist™
    What size are you looking for? If you're an XS and were looking for an AS-R 5 I happen to know of one in great shape for sale... Maybe you could try looking at Craig's List from other states... like CO for instance. The Denver CL is lousy with 575's...

denver bicycles - all classifieds "yeti 575" - craigslist
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    The 575 is a lot of bike too! Go with a SB66 and you won't look back. I have a 575, love it but if I was in your shoes, I would go with the SB. I've ridin the SB a bunch of times and its fun! It doesn't even feel like a 6" bike either. As for aggressive DH, guys are racing SB's in technical enduro races and winning. If you know what Enduro racing is about, you'll know that the SB can take a beating!!

Have a watch: https://vimeo.com/52245804

Serenity now!
    Ok, FT... rub in the plethora of bikes for sale, AND the fact that they are all located in my favorite state. Thanks for that

Awesomist™
    Ok, FT... rub in the plethora of bikes for sale, AND the fact that they are all located in my favorite state. Thanks for that
    Not my intention at all, to "rub it in" that is. Just saying, if you we're already looking on eBay (where you'd likely have to pay some shipping) then maybe looking in other states/areas on Craig's List would help you find something you were wanted?
    Last edited by Full Trucker; 11-02-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    If I were in your shoes, I would by the SB-66. I have a 2010 575 and it is just as much bike as the SB-66, but it doesn't have the advantage of the new technology. Just my $.02.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KentM View Post
    If I were in your shoes, I would by the SB-66. I have a 2010 575 and it is just as much bike as the SB-66, but it doesn't have the advantage of the new technology. Just my $.02.
    sell me your frame..lol jk

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have a 2011 Med white 575 I would consider selling!

LCW
    mtbr member
    Check Jenson - they usually have a good Yeti selection - and are an authorized Yeti seller
    2011 Yeti 575 - Fox Float 36 RC2 160 - 31.5 lbs

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have my 2011 Yeti 575 for sale in the classifieds!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My 575 was my first FS bike. Don't get me wrong I love it but then I got a sb95 and now it sees half the trail time now. The SB platform is a Beast!!! & I love the way they handle. I would say get a 66 XT build in Turquiose and live happily ever after.

mtbr member
    I've got a large 575-25th still in the box. Any interest?

mtbr member
    I want a black with turquoise or turquoise frame. Should I just wait for the 2013? Does anyone have ideas for other places I could look?

PixieChix - find yourself a 575 yet ? Or are you waiting until Santa Yeti brings out their lineup changes for 2013 - not sure if you can wait that long and not sure exactly when but maybe ......... there will be a SB-76 (27.5 with 6-in of travel) soon to hit the streets.

Serenity now!
    I was finally able to ride some demos and I switched to an ASR 5.

This will be my 5th bike...more to come, I'm sure! Thanks for the help.
    Duchess of Dab

mtbr member
    I was finally able to ride some demos and I switched to an ASR 5.

This will be my 5th bike...more to come, I'm sure! Thanks for the help.
    Nice, well good to know that you found something that worked out for you. What size and color did you end up getting?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Hope you get one!

Had a 575 for 3 years, loved it. Sold it to get an ASR5C. Loved it too. Saweet rides!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've been researching and shopping for a FS 26" for months. I am sold on Yetis, and I think a 575 is the right one for me.

But I can't find one! I live in Maine-only one dealer in the state. He has one medium SB 66 left- that's it. I checked pinkbike and eBay and Craigslist, the online sales places like Jenson and competitive cycles websites.

competitive cyclist has great deals on them right now.

forget it... didnt see any up there for sale. sorry
    Last edited by gunt pimp; 11-18-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Serenity now!
    Quote Originally Posted by drbelleville View Post
    Nice, well good to know that you found something that worked out for you. What size and color did you end up getting?
    I found a lightly used turquoise large frame bike on Pinkbike. (I'm 5'11", with long legs. I may need to switch to a shorter stem).

Waiting impatiently for it to arrive! I've already ordered a pair of DMR Vault black flats with blue pins so I can ride it ASAP. Putting it together out of the box should be interesting, given my rudimentary bike mechanic skills.

That 25th anniversary paint job is super cool! Wish I could have found one in my price range.
    Duchess of Dab