mtbr member
    Aug 2012

I just noticed that the crank arms on my SB66 aren't evenly spaced.

The drive side has the iscg spacer installed and has much more chain stay clearance than the non drive side. Cranks and BB are Sixc. With the boots on the end of the crank arms the non drive side has about a folded piece of paper of clearance. The chainrings are lined up and work perfectly with the rear cassette and derailer. Is the non drive side adjustable?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    according to the RaceFace manual you should have 1 black spacer on the non-drive side, and 1 black and 1 white spacer on the drive side (outside the ISCG plage), is that what your setup is?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    There isn't a white one on the drive side. If I added one this would affect the chainline, right? Right now it shifts perfectly. I found an extra black spacer that wasn't installed. It doesn't look like it would make it even, but certainly much closer.
    Last edited by smellurfingers; 02-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I am running SIXc cranks with hope BB and just had a quick look at my bike and it is pretty much centred, although I have the cranks spaced to a 51mm chainline to help with front derailuer to chain stay clearance issues. I wouldnt be too concerned about a couple of millimeters here and there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I found the problem. Bike was a bit dusty. Still don't know how I missed this.

I just noticed that the crank arms on my SB66 aren't evenly spaced.-p4pb9254669.jpg

Spring! Spring! Spring!

I just noticed that the crank arms on my SB66 aren't evenly spaced.

Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    I found the problem. Bike was a bit dusty. Still don't know how I missed this.
    Bent crank arm? Yikes!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Bent crank arm? Yikes!
    Ouch. Hope they warranty that for you !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Broken actually. Carbon SIXC.

LBS is sending it back for me. Shocked it broke as easy as it did. I don't think I even have 20 rides on the crankset. Keeping my fingers crossed that they warranty it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    If it makes you feel better I have about 800km on mine and no dramas yet. Hopefully it's just a one off !!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    That's crazy that you broke those things, man. I used to work for Race Face and saw first hand how they're made (one guy lays them up, one at a time) and the levels to which they test them (rate stronger than Saint in every test I saw). The only thing I can imagine is you got some really bizarre mfg defect.

As MrFish said up above, I also have tons of miles on mine doing some pretty crazy/dumb stuff (all in the name of product testing, of course). No issues whatsoever.

Best of luck with the warranty process.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It looks just like
    your shoulder.