mtbr member

How often are you pulling 575 pivot maintenance?

Hey all,
    I've had my 575 for a couple of months now, and it is working to perfection. However, by the end of a longer ride on the Park City Mid Mountain trails today, I was getting what sounded like pivot squawks on bigger bumps. I've ridden in a lot of fine, dusty trails since I got the bike, so it wouldn't be a total surprise. You guys seeing the need to clean things out that frequently in harsh conditions?

EDR
    I have a year on mine in mostly very dry conditions. Aside from cleaning the main pivot while I had the crank arms off I have yet any reason to clean/lube the others. No problems so far but again, I ride in a very dry area.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    late post, but fyi: yeti recommends NO lubing of pivots. Just clean-rag wipe and you should be good.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    2 years now for me and no maintenance...and ridden lots and pretty tough on it...

my buddy has a reign and has had it for a year and he needs serious pivot help, they are all loose...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin