Thread: How long...

26 for life.

How long...

... does it take to get an SB66 in Australia?
    Been waiting 6 months already & still nothing. Been promised it this week, I ain't holding my breath.
    Frustrated.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    ... does it take to get an SB66 in Australia?
    Been waiting 6 months already & still nothing. Been promised it this week, I ain't holding my breath.
    Frustrated.
    I feel for you bro............, Hope you'll get it soon and find, it does worth the wait. It's a super bike.
    So at least in some respects, Israel is not too bad. Took me less then 2 weeks to get from a demo (sorry for spreading salt over your open cuts) to this:
    LBS

and this:
    Home
    Last edited by GreenBonty; 01-17-2012 at 01:34 AM.

26 for life.
    Thanks mate. I should have taken the first one I could get, instead of holding out for yellow. Hopefully getting white now.
    How are trails over your way?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    Thanks mate. I should have taken the first one I could get, instead of holding out for yellow. Hopefully getting white now.
    How are trails over your way?
    OK, now your talking!.
    I wanted the yellow too but was not ready to wait. Team is amazing as well IMO. I also took a TALAS rather than Float since I did not want to wait (for the same price). Post some pictures of the lime once you build it.

Trails are great here.
    Nothing like Moab or Canadian Rockys but if you insist you can find great desert trails with dead sea views that are breathtaking. I ride next to the Mediterenian with some nice chunky section.
    Cheers

26 for life.
    I think they've stopped making lime.
    Better not show the wife the kitchen shots.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yes the Lime has been discontinued. Yeti only have covered the orders they had up till late December and will not take new orders for Lime anymore. I was mighty disappointed to hear so as that color in my opinion is the secksiest of the lot.

I am ordering black as I am not in the mood to wait myself.

mtbr member
    Why is yellow being discontinued?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    Yes the Lime has been discontinued. Yeti only have covered the orders they had up till late December and will not take new orders for Lime anymore. I was mighty disappointed to hear so as that color in my opinion is the secksiest of the lot.

I am ordering black as I am not in the mood to wait myself.
    Congrats mate!, You made your decison. Enjoy
    There is no way you'll not be happy with your choice. Is it safe for you to ride in Sinai these days?.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Maybe I should just go and order one now. Might give me 6 months to convince the other half and then by the time she says yes it will arrive rather than waiting for it.

26 for life.
    The other half is buying mine for 40th. The money is put aside, but she is itching to spend it.
    My 40th was 3 weeks ago as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I want white, but (online) stores only list black and turquoise as the colours here in Oz.

mtbr member
    I ordered a black medium in mid August and had it end of October from my Sydney based 3-store chain. 10 weeks tops. I think it's well past time to give up on a specific colour and get anything.

I originally wanted white, but was told they wouldn't be coming here until March '12. Avoided turquoise as it looks so washed out in most magazine and web photos. Saw a SB-66 demo in turq at the Canberra Yeti dealer and it's anything but washed out. Looks brilliant and part of me wishes I'd gone turq, while the other part loves the stealth black.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I still think a Lime SB66 is the most outrageous looking bike around these days. It's colorful, flambouyant and secksy as hell.
    I love colorful bikes But somehow I am glad I am not getting it because everything is yellow here (sand everywhere and nothing but). White was next on my list but Yeti's dealer is not ready to tell me when and if I wait any longer, I am afraid my money will evaporate (don't ask!)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty View Post
    Congrats mate!, You made your decison. Enjoy
    There is no way you'll not be happy with your choice. Is it safe for you to ride in Sinai these days?.

GB,
    Some where around the world there is a black large SB66 has my name written on it according to my dealer until we resolve shipping logistics and what have you and I complete payment. I am still hopeful I get it first week of February if not late January.

As for being happy, I think I will be happy with everything and anything. My ride right now is sub-par (especially if compared to a Yeti). So I am bloody looking forward to it.

I reckon it's safe. But who knows what will happen on the 25th of January. The local MTB'ers are organizing a riding/camping trip to Sinai next month. I should have my Yeti and join them. We will have a 'tour guide' from Sinai with 4x4 take us up the mountains, drop us off there. We will ride down till we meet him again with our camping gear. Camp and ride down again till we reach the shore and come back home.

mns
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    why is lime discontinued?
    It was on my list as well...

26 for life.
    I'll take what I can get now. Really don't want black though.