mtbr member
    Mar 2009

How do you like your upgrade from 575 to SB95 ?

Do you miss your 575 ? What made you switch ? If you had to do it over again, would you do anything differently ?

boomer
    My brother has both-different horses/different courses applies. I've ridden both and prefer the SB95 for our trails which are quite chunky. If I had to though I'd ride the 575 and never complain a bit.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My 575 is a great bike and has its place in my stable, It is a bit more flickable and nimble and on tight trails I love it, but I would fight you over ever giving up my SB95XT. It has to be my favorite bike hands down. It will go harder and over more rough ground than the 575 ever would for me. You can't go wrong with any yeti but the 95 is where it's at for me IMHO.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I also have a 575 and dont want to give it up so going to add the 95 to it.

Trail Ninja
    ASR5c vs SB95... never thought I'd feel over-biked on a 5" bike until I rode the SB95. I seriously rode at night without a light confidently on it on many occasions. I didn't mind riding getting stuck behind slower riders on technical descents, 2-3 feet behind their rear wheel. I actually let the bike go because it was *too capable*, taking the challenge out of SoCal trails to the point that it wasn't really fun. It made me appreciate my hardtail and made me see SoCal trails as being too easy, once you take the hard and slippery dirt and ruts out of the equation. Still have the ASR5c, but it feels kind of gimped. Tried to put beefier tires on it to get similar grip, but it just isn't the same. Now I just ride it to purposely get sketchy, which is fun until I crash.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    ASR5c vs SB95... never thought I'd feel over-biked on a 5" bike until I rode the SB95. I seriously rode at night without a light confidently on it on many occasions. I didn't mind riding getting stuck behind slower riders on technical descents, 2-3 feet behind their rear wheel. I actually let the bike go because it was *too capable*, taking the challenge out of SoCal trails to the point that it wasn't really fun. It made me appreciate my hardtail and made me see SoCal trails as being too easy, once you take the hard and slippery dirt and ruts out of the equation. Still have the ASR5c, but it feels kind of gimped. Tried to put beefier tires on it to get similar grip, but it just isn't the same. Now I just ride it to purposely get sketchy, which is fun until I crash.
    ???? Huh???

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    "over-biked" - adjective, describes the condition resulting from 1) when individual rides a bike that makes riding less fun than the previous bike; 2) when individual crashes severely resulting in body and/or bike damage caused by riding a bike that allows them to easily exceed rider skill limitations.

seems to me like definition one applies.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    OP here... thought I would update the thread with my own experience.

Had the opportunity to demo the SB95 Enduro today on some of our serious local trails here. I was pretty impressed. Compared to my 575, the SB95 just seemed to motor up technical sections much easier. There are many times I feel like I'm fighting the suspension a bit on the 575, due to it's nature of hanging on square edges. I was also really surprised on how stable it was descending. I thought my 575 would have the edge there but after today, I don't think so. I"m also sold on the switch platform.. I found it superior especially when standing and pedaling. The 575, is definitely more of a plusher riding and it's no doubt a fun bike for sure. I can definitely tell it's lighter than the SB95.