Thread: help with yeti

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

New question here. help with yeti

hi,im new in the market for a bike,love the yeti but not sure the 575 is right for me?
    i want to ride on trails with not to many hills and just want an ausome bike for around $2200,I HAVE NEVER RIDEN A YETI

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp for $1,999

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks will look into it,had an fsr 8 years back,was not my best bike and was very heavy

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Hills are not a requirement... but what you plan to do with it.... the 575 can be built light for easier trails or really burly for more aggressive riding... It just depends on what you are after... I also bought my Yeti without ever trying one.. and it turned out great... if you could describe what kind of riding you do or plan to do, more people might be able to help you in the right direction..

Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks you are right,i want to do standard mountain bike riding,trails ,some hills but not striclty down hill stuff ,more enduro xc riding

If you are still interested in a Yeti, it would depend on how much travel you want.. an ASR is a great XC/racing bike, although it is more expensive than the 575. If you don't plan on racing, or only occasionally, I would recommend the 575 and a "light" build, you could always build it more burly if your skills develop in that direction...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    yip it is a price issue,thats why i needed the convincing about the 575,if i do races they will only be for fun at the moment and to get my fitness level up,i am planing on tri athlons next year ,but dont only want to ride road.so i guess im looking for a bit of an allrounder.
    2/3 hour rides for fun and enjoyment

local trails rider
    What kind of trail do you have? Smooth and hard, lots of small rocks, roots, ruts, ditches, big rocks, mud, soft sand, ...?

I do not have big mountains but some of my local trails are pretty rough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dashman
    yip it is a price issue,thats why i needed the convincing about the 575,if i do races they will only be for fun at the moment and to get my fitness level up,i am planing on tri athlons next year ,but dont only want to ride road.so i guess im looking for a bit of an allrounder.
    2/3 hour rides for fun and enjoyment

Yep, then I guess the 575 could be a good candidate. If you have a friend in the US, you could contact Will @ Full Cycles and have your friend ship it to you. That's what I did with my frame