mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Help on frame size for a sb66

Had been about to order my sb66 in large size....going of the yeti size guide im in a large frame size...im 6ft 2 and inseam is 37 inchs.but thought id go threw the threads again just to be sure...and came across a few threads were guys of my size had bought the xl frame??? Im unable to try either frame out as no one has either for me to try...my lbs says im a large frame size....need to get this sorted so I can order my frame...so im back to havi g no idea what frame size I need??? Do I get the large and go with a long stem or get a xl frame and run a short stem???

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I'm 6ft 1 and went with a large with a 70mm stem, fits awsome. I do have quite a long torso though. Can't imagine ridding an XL , would definitely be too big for true aggresive riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Cool thats what the bike shop said to me ..a large with 70mm stem and 750mm easton havoc bars I think they said...just dont want to order and then find out it was wrong!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm 6'2" and have a large, with a 70mm stem. Fits perfect. I do have a lot of seatpost showing. You say you have a 37" inseam???? Is that a typo?
    Mines approx 34" I'd hate to have an extra 3" of post showing, that would be a pretty big gap between bars and seat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Nope thats my inseam...probably more 36.5...I rode a large today had a fair bit of seztpost out but was deffo the right size....any chance you could post a picture of your bike so I can see your seat post height

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah I would still say it's the right size. I would imagine it's going to put you in a more XC position high above the bars. Not what I'd like for the sort of bike it is. Dropper post would sort that out though.
    Anyway here's mine

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm not as tall but wanted to mention Yeti's seem to run large. I generally ride Large frames but my medium SB95 fits me like a glove.
    2007 FS KHS XC104
    2012 FS Yeti SB95 (Race/XT)
    2013 HT Cannondale Trail 7
    2013 HT Specialized Hardrock Sport (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for posting the picture..that saddle is around the same height as the one I tested out..so puts my mind at ease...mines not a carbon frame though..im getting a aluminium sb66 in turquoise