In my mind, I can do it!

Has anyone ever added...

the Yeti badge that can be purchased separately from Yeti to a frame that does not have the badge? It would require drilling 2 small holes in the HT but this can be done, right?

Just curious...

EDR
    I'm not certain the badge is actually pinned or pop-riveted to the frame at all. It might just be that it is affixed with a glue or epoxy and the rivet design is for fashion sake only. Since it's on the headtube that's my guess. Or, I could be wrong... email Yeti and let us know what you hear.

mtbr member

Pop Rivet

My head tube badge is pop riveted to the head tube. I had to redo the rivets when they loosened up. The badge would make a incredible amount of noise when the trail got rough.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I'm not certain the badge is actually pinned or pop-riveted to the frame at all. It might just be that it is affixed with a glue or epoxy and the rivet design is for fashion sake only. Since it's on the headtube that's my guess. Or, I could be wrong... email Yeti and let us know what you hear.
    In the other thread I had posted regarding which models had badges and which had stickers, JNA stated that he has put a badge on a frame with a sticker originally. I'm not sure if he rivited it or not but if you go to Yeti's website you get the badge and screws when you order it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    the Yeti badge that can be purchased separately from Yeti to a frame that does not have the badge? It would require drilling 2 small holes in the HT but this can be done, right?

Just curious...
    I don't see why not. The Yetis with the metal badge have two small holes in the headtube, so as long as you measure twice (make that three times), and drill once you should be fine.

If mine didn't have it, I'd definitely add it. I really like the metal badges over the stickers.

EDR
    ...if you go to Yeti's website you get the badge and screws when you order it.
    Well there ya go. Drill two holes or glue it, whatever works for you.

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Drill two holes or glue it, whatever works for you.
    I plan to Dremel the 'threads' off the screws and JB Weld them & the badge to the headtube.

singletrack junkie
    Jan 2004

removing the headtube sticker?

Just curious...

What I want to know is how to remove the headtube sticker. In the "yeti headtube badge" post, jna said he had a friend rough up the clearcoat a bit, then paint over it (the sticker).

Is this the only option?

Since I have a raw frame (which has no paint) could I just buy some clearcoat in a spray can and apply that after sanding off the origonal clearcoat and removing the sticker?

I have been drooling over one of these metal badges since 2 weeks after I bought my frame!!!