Now with 20% more fat!!

Got my 575 yesterday!!

This is my first FS bike... I went to 10+ different bike shops and rode 20-30 different bikes and setups over the last month+ and nothing seemed to feel as good as the 575. The hardest part was finding XL bikes to ride (I'm 6' 4" and weigh 215lb)... Most shops didn't have very many XL bikes in stock, so I had to drive a lot to test bikes. I rode Cannondales Prophet-Rush, Specialized Epic-FSR-Stumpy, Titus Motolite, Yetis 575 and ASR, Giant Reign-Trance. Unlike everyone else, I don't want 7 bikes - one for each discipline. I wanted to just get the best all-around mountain bike for the money that would cover my bases etc... The Yeti fits the bill nicely.

I ended up going to Adventure Cycling (Parker and Quincy in Colorado) where Dennis helped me out during the shopping process tremendously. I could have purchased the bike cheaper online, but was happy to give my money to the LBS that worked with me the best. $3200+ for my setup was more than I wanted to spend, but life is too short to sweat that stuff. I still felt like it was a decent deal and a great bike for the money.

My Team Turq. XL 575 is the stock Enduro Race Kit Lite (seems to be a mix-match of the Race Kit and Enduro Pro since Yeti is out of the standard Race Kits). Has the 07 Fox RP23 rear shock and the 07 Fox Float fork 140mm... DT Swiss E540 set (Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E turned to tubeless with Stan's) .. Juicy 7s... Race Face Next carbon bars and Deus XC cranks... The rest I think is the same as the Race Disc Kit. I purchased the Crank-bros Candy-Ti pedals.

Just wanted to post a big THANK YOU to all the people at mtbr.com forums for their insightful posts which helped me out during my shopping process. Happy to answer any questions about the bike, and I'll post some pictures and comments after my next few rides.

Anyone going to the Yeti tribal gathering in August? Nice to be a member of the tribe!

John
    Last edited by JSD303; 07-20-2006 at 08:06 PM.

Stray Bullet
    Congrats on the purchase!

It is nice to hear there are some other XL 575's running around out there!

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Congrats on the purchase!

It is nice to hear there are some other XL 575's running around out there!

and here is my XL 575
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I guess I know where all the XL Raw Yetis went... I couldn't get one because the XL raw and ano black frames are sold out at the Yeti factory... was left with Team Turqoise. That's okay, it was my third choice but I still like the team colors! I'll have to live vicariously through you raw and ano black yeti owners. Nice setups btw...

Can't wait to get home to ride... lol Staring at the clock...

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303

Can't wait to get home to ride... lol Staring at the clock...
    I only thought I was afflicted by this nasty biking disease.

My bike has a few subtle changes since the picture. New longer stem and lower rise bars. The pictured ones were temp.

Then last night while riding the bike path I stood up for a small hill, sat down, and SNAP! The clamp on the seat post broke.

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I only thought I was afflicted by this nasty biking disease.
    If this bloody clock ticks any slower, I swear it will go backwards. I'm trying to beat the rain & dusk.