mtbr member

Got my 575 carbon

Finally.
    I'm about 5'8", got a small frame with the 100mm stem on the recommendation of the guys at wrenchscience. I was skeptical. I have about 40 miles of trail riding on it now ( I got it 5 days ago) , and I think it is a great size for me, but someone my size who wants more of a freeride/downhill set up would be better off, maybe, with a medium and 80mm stem.

I got mine for climbing. Most of the trails here (Park City, Utah) start at 7000' and end around 10,000'. I was on a trail today that has lots of ramped jumps and banked turns, and , after giving my 16 year old son a big head start on my old Sugar (I'm 50-something), caught him in about 2 minutes...easily, and he's usually faster (stupider?) downhill than me.

I got the carbon rear (beautiful) with SRAM twist grips, XO rear D, ZTR rims/wtb laserlite hubs, Float RLC fork, monkeylite bar, wcs stem, XT crank, Fire XC pro tires....advertised weight was 24.7 lbs.....It came in at 25.2 pounds! It climbs great, of course. The front stays planted even at high angles of attack. I find I don't have to shift my weight forward as much on this bike. Just lower the elbows and puuush. On very rocky climbs, the rear stays on the ground and engaged when my last bike would have bucked me off. (Last bike a Sugar with 80mm travel, front and back, 24.5 lbs). On steep downhills, where I would have lowered my seat in the past (and got 6 stitches in my chin) I now go down with no problem and without lowering the seat. The Propedal is subtle, but makes a huge difference. At 160 PSI, I have about 1/2 inch of sag and it's plush, on minimum propedal. When I put it to max propedal, my sag goes to about 1/4 inch and there is noticeably less bobbing. Yeti sure has this stuff figured out.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Post some pics of the bike. Especially of the carbon rear end.

mtbr member

Pictures

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Wow.. those chainstays look awesome!!!

Enjoy your new ride!

Cheers,
    Cris

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005