mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Got me a new Yeti :)

Hi everyone!

So excited I stumbled on a great deal from a LBS on PB.com. Picked this 16 floor model SB6c up in medium which fits me perfect with the X01 build. The LBS was awesome and so stoked to be on a Yeti!

I had a new Giant Trance 2 and it was a nice bike after I put some $$$ and mods into it I was almost up to the price I picked this Sb6c bike up for.

I have put a few small rides on it so far and man it just feels leaps and bounds better in every aspect compared to the Trance. I already added a 54 tooth rear hub which really helps with pedaling engagement. I was surprised how well it climbed. Obviously I was expecting smooth downhill abilities and taking it down one of my local down hill single tracks it handled it so nicely. Now I know what all the fuss is about this brand lol!!

Just wanted to say hi and looking fwd to riding this bike a lot more

Pic the night I brought her home last week. I have pedals on it now

mtbr member
    Welcom to the tribe

mtbr member
    Congrats on owning the best 6" travel bike in the world. The bike looks great so enjoy every ride and welcome to the tribe !!
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    ^ thanks guys!! just took it up my local trail "chumash" which is a great single track 2.7 miles up 1,200 feet and then down it in 10 minutes.....

My old PR climbing it was 44 minutes and change and today was 41

and coming down was buttery smooth, took some more complicated lines knowing i have the suspension to take it so happy I got it!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Welcome to the tribe! The '16 SB6c is one of the best deals around right now with all the discounts as the '17 models are coming in. I just got my 6 back in June and looove it.

So jealous your local trail has 1200ft up and down. Although my local trails are more XC focused, I just took my 6 to Moab and it performed flawlessly!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    ^ thanks yea this bike rides so smooth and nicely. I got into MTB because my house literally sits below this awesome trail and I seen so many guys come off of it. Figured at 38 years old this was going to be a great hobby and exercise option for me, So far been loving it.

We have some great local trails lots of technical climbs and fun downhills with tons of rocks and drops. Just very sandy and loose this time of the year since it is so dry.

I want to take this bike to snow summit big bear in the next week or two before the season is over see how it handles at a bike park.

Yea The deals are good if you find somewhere willing to work with you. The deals online are crazy good right now as well. The lbs I got this from had this as a floor model and they lent it out maybe 8-10 times but looked flawless got it for $1K less than the cheapest prices right now online.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Are you located in the South/Mid West? We just got back from Moab and it was such sick riding! Lots of elevation and sandy/loose in many sections.

I got my X01 SB6c in Canada for around the US list price. Considering the exchange rate at the time, it was definitely a deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    ^ sweet! no I live west coast, southern california. Moab sounds like a great place to ride

All my trails are loose sand over sand stone etc. Fun but lots of sliding around at times.

Here is a pic from yesterday at the top of my trail. There are multiple cool ways to get to this trail but since I live at the bottom easiest way is straight up the downhill