mtbr member

Getting a SB95 -- can you convert the stock Fox Float 120 to 140?

I currently have an SB66 that's running a Float 36 160 that's been lowered to 150 and love the way it feels. But the LBS was having a blow out on SB95A complete bikes so I broke down and will be jumping on the 29er train and selling the SB66.

I live in the Colorado Front Range and use most of my existing 150mm of travel so I'm planning on going 140mm on the 95. My question is whether you can somehow convert the stock Float 34 120 to a 140 or if you need to just replace it with the Float 34 140.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Got asked/answered here: SB95 Fox 35 CTD Fork Mod

If you mind me asking, what was the price of the SB95a at your LBS 'blow-out'? Do they have any xl's on the floor?

--D

mtbr member
    Ah, missed that one -- thank you! $3200 for the race kit (Golden Bike Shop in Golden, CO). I know they had a large but not sure about XLs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barenal View Post
    Ah, missed that one -- thank you! $3200 for the race kit (Golden Bike Shop in Golden, CO). I know they had a large but not sure about XLs.
    Ha they got me with the same deal about 2 weeks ago in a medium. Love the bike so far. Right now I am using it at 120mm and been pretty good. Let me know how it rides with 140mm travel. I might want to do the conversion down the road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbaduba View Post
    Ha they got me with the same deal about 2 weeks ago in a medium. Love the bike so far. Right now I am using it at 120mm and been pretty good. Let me know how it rides with 140mm travel. I might want to do the conversion down the road.
    Did you happen to be riding with some friends on Red Rocks and someone in your group broke their chain? If so, you're the one that told me about it! I was the one who stopped and donated the master link

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barenal View Post
    Did you happen to be riding with some friends on Red Rocks and someone in your group broke their chain? If so, you're the one that told me about it! I was the one who stopped and donated the master link
    Yep that was definitely me. I wonder if I get a referral bonus for sending you to them .

Enjoy the new bike. Are you going to keep your SB66 or are you planning on selling it? I might know some people who could be interested.