Off the saddle

The future of Yeti.. prospect buyer

I remember seeing the Yeti brand when I first got into MTB'ing many many years ago and as far as I can remember I always liked them. I've always been a fan of "boutique"/small company bikes. Just something appealing about them. Maybe it's the tight knit group of loyal fans and support that draws me in.
    Fast forward to this year. The SB95c has really caught my eye. It's really high on the list right now. Pretty much #1 in front of two other bikes.
    The reason for this post... Back in 2010 I purchased a Titus brand bike after wanting one for a very long time and shortly thereafter the company went down the tubes and left many owners hanging for a bit. I'm not the one to keep up on company finances or business history but I thought they were doing really well. My heart sunk when there was a moment of what do I do now if my bike breaks. Fortunately a UK company saved the day but it still left a bad taste in my mouth. It feels like Titus is just a distributor now versus an actual bike company. Anyway..
    I do realize Yeti has been around since the 80's and is well established from what I can tell. What's the future like for the company? I'm about to throw down some hard earned cash on a bike and would like whatever company I deal with to be around for a long time, at least the next 10 years minimum.

Thanks for reading.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    jizzim: no worries. I can't speak from internal financials, and you'll find no-one outside of Yeti that can, but I'd say they're on super solid footing and that you have no worries. I "put down" on my own SB95A last June, FWIW.

The situation with Titus in '10 was a considerable time brewing, and was no real surprise to anyone up on the state of things. I'm sorry you got caught out by that (along with others) but the situations are not in any way related.

FWIW, I've had a Titus since '03 as a matter of coincidence, and still have one as my DH bike - an '05 SuperMoto. I've loved my Titus bikes (some may say to an irrational level) but my SB95A is more fun, and a beter bike for me by a long shot. If I still lived in Austin TX I may have gone with an SB66, but I don't and the SB95 is better for me for where I live now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I think its pretty clear from their investment in the development of future bikes that they are looking forward to a strong future in the industry. I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned.

Off the saddle
    Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be happy with Yeti in the long run. The brand reminds me of why I own a VW. The community is tight knit and the gatherings are fun. Maybe one day I can join everyone at the tribe gathering.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    There a smaller bike brand but they have big name WC DH racers, I think there all good. Which is why i like em a lot.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member

The future of Yeti.. prospect buyer

They support there older bikes well too. Still have rebuild kits for some older models online.