mtbr member
    May 2007

Full Suspension XC Race 29er from Yeti?

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it seems to me at least that there is but one open gap in Yeti's line-up. Does anyone know if Yeti has something in the works to replace the venerable AS-Rlc of yore? Maybe a short-travel full suspension XC race 29er of sorts? Thank you

Root Master
    real men race hard tails...

seriously though, I'd like to see something to compete/beat a Specialized Epic, Trek Superfly, etc.
    Join the Tribe...

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    FWIW, I race the sh!t outta my SB-95. Not light, but it's fast here in CTX.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Hey Slim, I'm with ya on this one. I'd love to see a 29er racer 4" bike from Yeti. Currently have a Scalpel Ultimate for that duty, which ain't too shabby for racing. Have a hard tail for short XC and a first gen Big top SS for smooth courses.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yeah slim , I am looking for a 100ml dually XC race bike at present as the back is getting pretty trashed on the HT, esp after a few weeekends in a row of racing. what else is around? have been looking at the turner online but can't source a test ride.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm just wondering what happened to all the people who used to race their 26" AS-Rs. By now, one would imagine that they've moved onto bigger things, literally.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Been thinking about this too. The Turner Czar looks really nice with geo etc. I like a bike that can do it all - trail ride, stage races, 50 milers, xc race (mid pack racer). Right now I use my 5C for this - and it does a great job. I'm thinking the SB95C will probably be a bit too much bike for my needs. Would like to see another option from Yeti.

mtbr member
    I went with a cannondale f29 before I knew about the arcC! It's been a lot of fun going to a hardtail and my blown out spinal disc seems to be coping and maybe even getting better?!?!? My ASR-C is repaired and in great working order but I haven't needed to give my back a rest yet...
    the upper echelon of mediocrity

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Chunky - good looking out. I'll have to check into this Czar you speak of
    Sasquatch - in a perfect world, we'd all have an ArcC in our stable. Glad everything is working out for you, though :-)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've been thinking about this a lot as well. I love my ASR5c. I ride and race the snot out of it. I have raced on short technical course, 40 milers, 6+ hour courses... it is a great bike. I would love to see a similar handling/feeling bike from Yeti with bigger wheels. I already have approval from the wife to purchase it once Yeti makes one.
    Last edited by End-Ola; 06-22-2013 at 01:13 PM.