Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

From the frame up my SB75

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Cholson40 
#1 ·
After 5 months of buying parts my SB75 is finally done.
This bike rides amazingly well compared to my old Yeti ASX DH rig and Norco Fluid LT 6.2 trail bike.

I love this bike climbs like a goat and descends like a bat out of hell. The only thing that holds it back right now is me as I am recovering from a bad wreck on my old ASX 11 months ago.

Frame: Med black SB75
Fork: Fox Float 150 with Yeti Slick graphics kit
Stem: Easton Haven 55MM
Bars: Race face SixC Turquoise
Brakes: Shimano XT ice tech 180 f 160 R (I'm going 180 soon)
Shifter: Shimano XT 10 Speed
Rear der: Shimano XTR shadow plus long cage
Cassette: Shimano XT w/ One up 42t low gear and 16T up grade
BB: Chris King Turquoise
Headset: Chris King Turquoise
Wheels: Chris King Turquoise hubs with DT swiss spokes laced to light bicycle enduro/DH rims
Tires: WTB Vilgante 2.35 set up as tubless
Grips: ODI Troy lee
Seat: Fizik Aliante VS
Pedals: Old set of HT's for now
Total weight 31.75 lbs. Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet whip!

I have a very similar build... med 75 w/ RF Turbine/XT 2X10 drivetrain, XT IceTech breaks, short stem (RF Atlas 50mm/0deg) with SIXC 3/4 bars.

The most noticeable tweak I found was switching from a 70mm/711mm stem/bar combo to a 50mm/785mm combo. That alone transformed the bike into an absolute monster of a climber and added stability that I never could have imagined! But you've already got that covered :thumbsup:

Enjoy!!!

#4 ·
Sweet whip!

I have a very similar build... med 75 w/ RF Turbine/XT 2X10 drivetrain, XT IceTech breaks, short stem (RF Atlas 50mm/0deg) with SIXC 3/4 bars.

The most noticeable tweak I found was switching from a 70mm/711mm stem/bar combo to a 50mm/785mm combo. That alone transformed the bike into an absolute monster of a climber and added stability that I never could have imagined! But you've already got that covered :thumbsup:

Enjoy!!!
Thanks i really enjoy all the trail time I can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.