mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Fox DHX Air, RP23, or pushed RP3???

So I am probably going to a bigger 575 frame but I need some opinions on shocks. I have a newly pushed RP3 I could move over or go with the DHX Air or RP23. Which one would you go with?

Is the DHX Air overkill if you are not mating it with at front fork that doesn't use a 20mm thru axle? Like a 32 Talas RL?

thanks

nice marmot.

Rp23

just recenty got one on my 575... luv it
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by upmtnsinbreck
    just recenty got one on my 575... luv it
    I'm either sticking with my pushed RP3 or the new RP23. What are the advantages to the new RP23?

Who is John Galt?
    You dial in the propedal and the lever is just an on/off switch. Makes sense to me. A lot of riders have trouble with the RP3 slipping out of the detents. The new shock stays put. Wish I had it. There's some other stuff too, check out the MB mags, everyone's had a review of it. There's some better internals too.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Shock change

Hi

ive just switched from a 5th element to rp23 on my ASR now throughly trail tested, during a 3 week thrashing in utah and idaho. the shock has completely transformed the bike much more supple suspension movement a big step up from the 5th.

i really like the 3 stage pro-pedal platform, has enabled me to really dial it into my style of riding.

stay fast

Mark

mtbr member

Go for the pushed RP3 no doubt!!!

The DHX-air will make the 575 squat too much and you will blow through travel like nothing.

Go for the push rp3 if you are going to be trying to keep up with your xc buddies...
    Sit and spin my ass...