mtbr member

Fox 36 Talas on Yeti 575??

I have been toying with putting a Fox 36 TALAS on my Yeti 575 (Currently have 03 Talal/125mm).

My question is: Will installing this fork give me any appreciable gain in technical or downhill performance by adding travel and stiffness? Will I lose climbing ability to the point where it is not worth installing the fork?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    i just installed the 2007 Talas RLC 140mm 32 and it is great only rode few miles down the trail from the bike shop but it is amazing. i would think that the 36 talas would be too much fork for this bike, but a lot of people are running pikes on the 575!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch
    I have been toying with putting a Fox 36 TALAS on my Yeti 575 (Currently have 03 Talal/125mm).

My question is: Will installing this fork give me any appreciable gain in technical or downhill performance by adding travel and stiffness? Will I lose climbing ability to the point where it is not worth installing the fork?

Ha! What did I tell you? The Pike seems to be king around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejas
    but a lot of people are running pikes on the 575!

Who is John Galt?

Here's your answer

Look at this pic from the Yeti web site. Need I say more??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    ya but they also have it outfitted with a Talas, a Vanilla and a Float, it just depends on what build kit you went with. i rode the vanilla on this bike for over a month and for my type of riding it was the wrong fork for the bike and with no adjustability i didnt like it.

trail "cleaner"

It all depends on what type of terrain you ride

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch

The 36 IS a stiff/stout fork and with the TALAS feature, it'll shorten up enough for almost any climb. I personally run Zocchi AM1's 130-150mm version on both of my 575's. I keep it at 130mm for all the climbing and stretch it out for the knarly descents. Works awesome for my type of riding here in AZ. The 36 I believe has a similar axle to crown height as the Zocchi. The 20mm hub requirement is another thing to think about though....
    No dabs allowed!

SOG
    mtbr member
    I would go with a 36 Talas RLC. You can adjust and play with the different travel lengths to find that sweet spot that will work for you. I think it will inspire more confidence on the decents and they are fairly light considering the travel and girth. A buddy of mine runs a 36 on his Santa Cruz BLT and loves it. I think he runs it at 130 all the time.