Thread: First 575 Ride

I like Monkeys

First 575 Ride

I took the first jaunt on the new 575 this afternoon and I'm very impressed. It climbs very well and I'm surprised how little bob there is in the rear when hammering and then it just sucks up the rough stuff at the same time. I also appreciated the high bb compared to my former stumpjumper (A low rider has better clearance than that thing had). It handles very well in tight singletrack and was stable and predictable in every situation which was mostly slippery mud. After a little tweaking of the fit I felt right at home. I notice the slacker head angle when climbing but I'm not having a lot of trouble keeping it in line. I'm sure I'll quickly get used to it. I was surprised how quickly I adapted to the SRAM shifters, 30 minutes and I was right at home. I really like the way the shifters work in mud which was always a problem with the stumpy and my old fuel. I'm very impressed with the whole package. I even liked the minion tires, although heavy they stuck to roots better than any tire I've tried and there a LOT of wet roots tonight. I started riding at 4:00 in the daylight and finished at 7:00 after a couple hours of night riding... I think I'll keep it

Photo uploads on MTBR don't seem to be working right now but I'll try to get a few photos of the bike uploaded as requested.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I took the first jaunt on the new 575 this afternoon and I'm very impressed.
    Yep, and it only gets better when you get more time on it. Its an incredibly versatile bike, can tear up the climbs and own the descents.

You'll get used to the slacker angles on the climbs, after switching I had to do some controls adjustments (shorter stem, less angle) but it has been great since then. Not sure what fork you are running, but having a travel adjust fork (I have a UTurn Pike) helps this a lot. Of course I climb in 140mm mode most of the time now anyway, but it was good to help me transition.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great VaughnA!

Glad you are liking the new ride.... as Jdub said you will get used to it in no time

I like Monkeys

... and if we just ... Here are the photos

4:00 Pre Ride (Somethings wrong with this picture)
    5:00 After an hour of easy mud (looking better)
    7:00 After the muddy messy night ride..(Ok, NOW its a mountain bike)..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Yeah.. now that's a mountain bike!

In my mind, I can do it!
    4:00 Pre Ride (Somethings wrong with this picture)
    5:00 After an hour of easy mud (looking better)
    7:00 After the muddy messy night ride..(Ok, NOW its a mountain bike)..
    I didn't think I liked white, but that just looks SHARP. Nice!

I like Monkeys
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    I didn't think I liked white, but that just looks SHARP. Nice!
    I really wanted team colors but it would be late Dec before one was available from my dealer so I went with white. I really like it, even though with my wife's white julianna we look like we wanted to buy matching bikes.. White shows off the mud better anyway.

In my mind, I can do it!
    I really wanted team colors but it would be late Dec before one was available from my dealer so I went with white. I really like it, even though with my wife's white julianna we look like we wanted to buy matching bikes.. White shows off the mud better anyway.
    Yeah, we know you just wanted matching bikes... Actually that's very cool that your wife rides too.

Was that a demo from Will?
    Remember: "Friends Don't Let Friends Ride Junk"

Quote: "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks"
    - A Yeti Rider

I like Monkeys
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Yeah, we know you just wanted matching bikes... Actually that's very cool that your wife rides too.

Was that a demo from Will?
    Nope, I enquired about my LBS getting a Yeti for me since Yeti would sell to dealers if one wasn't in the area. The owner liked the way Yeti operated so well he became a Yeti dealer, the only one in Virginia. He gave me a smokin' deal on the race disk. I probably shouldn't talk numbers but suffice it to say it was a steal. The guys are good at the shop and treat you right, I prefer to keep my money local if possible.