mtbr member
    May 2007

Enduro vs Enduro Plus Build Question

I am a little confused. Looking at both the ASR-C and ASR-5 builds on Yeti's website there is a ~$500 upcharge for the DT-Swiss X1600 wheels, but when you look at the XT and XTR builds they are back to specing the DT-Swiss 350/XR400 wheels. Are the X1600's that much nicer than the 350/XR400's or am I missing other changes in for the "Plus" model. Also, looking at DT-Swiss's website it looks like a 350/XR400 wheelset will be lighter than the X1600. What is the large benefit of the X1600's (assuming it is durability). Any insight would be great, thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's more than just the wheelset. From what I recall, the Enduro comes with a dropout fork whereas the Enduro Plus has a through-axle fork. Also, I believe the fork/shock also are a 'better' line from Fox (as in they have the kashima coat vs. the regular coating). So, you're not just paying an additional $500 for a wheelset.
    2011 Yeti 575 Enduro - stock (for now)

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MD_TX View Post
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's more than just the wheelset. From what I recall, the Enduro comes with a dropout fork whereas the Enduro Plus has a through-axle fork. Also, I believe the fork/shock also are a 'better' line from Fox (as in they have the kashima coat vs. the regular coating). So, you're not just paying an additional $500 for a wheelset.
    This is correct. Also a solid axle rear is included. I know, because I just bought one on my SB95.

Flash