Rmn
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Enduro Compare-O ??

Suprised I'm the first to say anything about this, guess it's not that big of a deal to most, but what's with the enduro compare-o results? Yeti was NOWHERE in the awards! Not runner up, or even in the "also getting votes" section.
    Not to mention the fact that the SB they tested was 30lbs!

The main (and only) reservation by the test riders was heel clearance with the seatstays. Can any of you Yeti 95c riders speak to this?

Comparing a $10,000 S-works Enduro with a Yeti build that's $5,800(or most of the other bikes in the test) sure seems like apples and oranges to me.

I definitely think Yeti got gypped on this one...

Long live the ASR-7
    Not the first to mention it. Another thread on page one about this.

Rmn
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks! Didn't see that..

Bikes!
    Yup I've got a 95c and although I have hit my heals a few times, I've had other bikes where I was doing it constantly so it's not really something I worry about and would say is any worse than other bikes.

I personally think the SB95c makes a fantastic Enduro bike, if you see how many people are running them in the US series's such as the Oregon Enduro Series you'll see why. I'll probably be racing mine later in the year, depending on how I feel about my new Tracer when I finish building it.

Mine's 26lbs without pedals.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

EXW
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    One thing I'm curious about; the Enduro review mentions that the SB95c has long chain stays at 17.5". I've also seen this called out in other reviews as we'll. it almost seems mandatory for reviewers to say that the chain stays are long.

I noticed this so much when shopping for a bike that I started checking the listed chain stay lengths on other bikes. What I found is that most are the same length or longer. This includes the stump jumper FSR, TBLT, Mach429, and Jet.

So, ultimately not important but I'm curious at this point. Am I missing something?

Bikes!
    Nope it's not noticeable the yeti can manual, hop, jump and flick with the best of them. As you say, most other manufacturers chain stays are longer unless you compare it to the Enduro 29 or Lenz.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    Enduro

No care
    303 WC

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Enduro Compare-O ??

Quote Originally Posted by EXW View Post
    One thing I'm curious about; the Enduro review mentions that the SB95c has long chain stays at 17.5". I've also seen this called out in other reviews as we'll. it almost seems mandatory for reviewers to say that the chain stays are long.

I noticed this so much when shopping for a bike that I started checking the listed chain stay lengths on other bikes. What I found is that most are the same length or longer. This includes the stump jumper FSR, TBLT, Mach429, and Jet.

So, ultimately not important but I'm curious at this point. Am I missing something?
    I absolutely notice a difference. I miss my SB66 since moving to a Enduro 29. But my 29 enduro absolutely manuals better than my 66 did. Not enough to make a difference on the trail whole trying to get the front tire over obstacles, but in parking lot manuals my Special-ed 29er was better than my SB66 and the SB95 I have ridden.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by swan3609 View Post
    I miss my SB66 since moving to a Enduro 29.
    Hey swan3609, I'd love to hear your comparison of these two bikes. Thanks!