mtbr member

Edge 305+CAD Mounting the CAD to 575's

Anyone have a Garmin Edge with Cadence on a 575?

Looking for tips on placement for the Speed/Cadence Sensor
    So far I have just given up.
    Riding with distance and speed from the GPS function and skip wheel speed and cadence.

Not that big-a-deal just wondering if anyone out there has it all figured out!

Thanks

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I have a Polar 720 with the cadence sensor, but I never put it on my 575. I was looking at it last night, but I never had much luck getting it to work for very long on a dual suspension mountain bike. Too many things to hit the magnet on the crank arm. I probably lost 4 or 5 of them before finally just giving up with the cadence.

I just bought a road bike and I'll put the cadence on there and hope it works a bit better.

mtbr member
    Yeah I've got the polar and that would work...but I like the Edge.
    The edge cadence sensor is integrated with the speed sensor. So it need to be on the chainstay to sense the magnet on the spokes and still be close enough to the cranks for cadence. the only good spot is right where the brake cable mount is.
    Oh well...who needs cadence on a MTB anyhow...I'll just put it on the Roubaix and call it good for Roading it.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip'd In
    Oh well...who needs cadence on a MTB anyhow...I'll just put it on the Roubaix and call it good for Roading it.
    My thoughts exactly....

A Roubaix? That is what i just bought as well. Got a 05 Comp Double that looks like it has never been ridden.

mtbr member
    Yeah, Ive got the Roubaix Comp 05 as well.
    It's the neglected stepchild in the Garage surounded by well used MTB's.
    It gets used just before a tri, but then it gets hung up.
    I'd much rather fall off a cliff than get run over by some soccer mom in her SUV talking on the cell phone whille speeding her kids to practice...that just how it is here.