Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Im using Hutchinson Toro TR on the front and Speciaized Ground COntrol 2bliss on the rear.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Any opinions on using the DT conversion kit versus the Stan's conversion kit for taking the XR400 tubeless? The Stan's kit is less expensive and available at the LBS, but I have heard that the DT kit works better for this wheel. Thanks again for the help!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I used the Stan's kit. Had virtually no issues. Got the Maxxis Ikon on with a hand pump but had to use a compressor for the Ardent. Would highly recommend using a compressor for both tires. Hand pump was a pain even though I got it to work for one tire. Can't speak for the DT conversion kit as I have not used it.

mtbr member
    I just converted my XR 400 Rims to tubeless yesterday using Stan's Kit and a pair of Ground Control 2.3 2Bliss tires. I have yet to take my first ride, but the air seems to be holding. My front tire went on with a high volume floor pump. The rear tire needed a compressor. My LBS recommended the 1" Gorilla tape over the Stans' Rim tape. I agree with the post above. A compressor definitely makes it easier.
    The Mtn Bike App --> http://mtbphotoz.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I'll go the Stan's route and save a few bucks without compromising the conversion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3