Thread: dropping a 575

Bomber

dropping a 575

So im getting my new 575 on teus and it turns out im going camping on wendsay where i know of a huge log about 8 ft tall that would be fun to drop off of, only thing is it involves a flat landing.....anyone else have drop experince on a 575?

mtbr member

send a photo

oh, I need a parashute for that.

I rot before I ripen
    Probably not a good use of the bike. Would suck to make the landing and bust something minor but entirely inconvenient to fix on the trip.

On the other hand, let us know how it goes if you do!

damon

Bomber
    i bought it as a do everything bike, this would be my first "big" drop....so we'll see if i have the balls....

Hi!!!
    An 8 foot drop seems to be a bit much for the 575.

Young, Shawn Young
    All I can say is your either a troll or not very smart.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Bomber
    i qualify for both...being part norwegien, part danish...............probly wont take the drop either.......

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by audi0phile
    i qualify for both...being part norwegien, part danish...............probly wont take the drop either.......
    Rofl! Seriously, I would never consider dropping 8 ft on a 575. Especially to a flat drop. I think the 575 is more geared toward serious trail riding with technical challenges and throw in some 2-3 ft rolling drops for fun.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Bomber
    see i just wasnt sure of exactly how capable it was as a "free ride bike", not that i expect it to be, I just wanna go out n have some fun w/o breaking it but still gettin a taste of stuf...now ive heard it climbs like a mt. goat......weds we will find that out

East Coast Style
    i would say 8 to flat is a bit much for that bike. ive never ridden it so i have no experience with it, but based on the setup of the bike if youre going to go big like that the AS-X would be better suited. Props if ya do do it, post some pics if u go for it
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    An 8ft drop is not what this bike was built for. It's not my idea of fun either but the ASX is your bike if that's what you want to do. I think it would not be smart at all to do a 8ft drop on a 575. People may not agree but that's like using a knife to hammer in a nail instead of using a hammer. You can do it but you could get hurt before you hammer in enough nails.

mtbr member

The 575 is All Mountain

Take a shovel on your trip and build a 4 foot transition

Bomber
    if only i could....its state land, and in the picnic area no less! Ill post pix of the tree...its pretty incredible, still, dont think ill drop it, thanks for the feedback guys, thats exactly wat i needed

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by audi0phile
    if only i could....its state land, and in the picnic area no less! Ill post pix of the tree...its pretty incredible, still, dont think ill drop it, thanks for the feedback guys, thats exactly wat i needed
    I had dreams about taking on my neighbor's retaining wall that drops about 5' to a gradual slope and getting pics... Then reality set in.. especially when I find myself endoing off much smaller things along the trail... ok, I get it.. I'm not 19 anymore. I'm 40 and bruises and scrapes hurt and take longer to heal.

Do yourself a favor, take a camera and talk someone else into taking that drop so you can get the pics for us... Then go enjoy the 575. Call an ambulance for the person that took that drop first though.. It's the right thing to do.

Bomber
    I thought about doing in on my bros bike.....which i just sold to him