mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Do you think a sb66 would be too much bike for me?

I ride in Georgia and I am pretty sure most trails I ride are considered XC. I haven't had a chance to ride one but I see a few people on them at the trails I frequent. I just don't want to get it and it be way too much bike and if I don't get a sb66 most likely I will get a sb75

I've wanted an sb66 since they came out now that I can afford one I can't find one in a small

Looking for some input opinions suggestions or criticisms

Thanks friends!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I think an SB-66 would be perfect for Georgia, you got plenty of obstacles to ride through there. The SB66c is going to be a lot lighter than the SB75 which is a big plus in my opinion.

I do have to say, my SB-66 climbs infinitely better than my older 575 so you'd never know you got 6" of travel back there. I say go for it, you won't regret it in the slightest.

Also, competitive cyclist has a few small enduro and race builds at discounted prices.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for telling me! I thought they had sold out!

mtbr member
    I never really feel overgunned on my 66, regardless of the trail I'm riding. The bike is such an efficient pedaler that it works out to be a great all-arounder. Fun on fast, flowy trails and great in the chunder too. Should be fine.

mtbr member
    You won't go wrong with any of the SBs. If you can find a demo, try to test all three. I was fully convinced that the 66 was the bike for me until I rode the 95. I own the 95. I ride almost exclusively on New England XC but I feel very comfortable bringing the 95 on almost any trail up here (including DH). The 66 will descend better while the 75 will roll faster which may help in techy climbs. I'd say get whatever bike fits your style (and budget) and invest in a good set of stiff wheels.
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thank you guys for the input! I know own my dream bike! I can't wait to get it on the trails!