mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Do I have the Kashima tech on my 575 enduro?

So I received my bike just before Christmas and got around to putting the final things on it after I unpacked it. (seat, wheels, handlebar) I noticed that my fork and shock are different than what's on the manufacture photo. I'm not sure if I have the new fork with the kashima coat or whatever Fox calls it. I'm pretty sure it's on the shock since it says 'kashima' on it, but I don't see it written on the fork but it's that golden color instead of the 'champagne' color that's on my friends float32 fork. Here's a pic if anyone might be able to tell me. Thanks!

2011 Yeti 575 Enduro - stock (for now)

mtbr member
    Just FMI Why did you buy this bike if you don't know what you have? FYI the answer is Yes it does and It's no big deal !!!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    Just FMI Why did you buy this bike if you don't know what you have? FYI the answer is Yes it does and It's no big deal !!!
    I bought the bike after about a month of research and talking to people about bikes. I decided as my first bike, I'd rather spend a little more up front to get a bike that would last me, and avoid wasting money getting a 2nd or 3rd bike before finding a quality bike.

If you couldn't tell from the box behind it, I ordered the bike online. The photos from hucknroll's website show a different fork/shock than what I shown above. I figured it's a 2011 bike and didn't think the newer Fox tech wouldn't make it on this bike. Yeti's official website also doesn't show it with the ones I have above so I was curious. It wasn't like I was buying a car and asking...does this come with tires?

Also, yeah I'm sure it's no big deal as I'm no professional racer and could tell the difference between coated or non-coated. However I like to know a little bit about my things instead of 'being the guy driving a sports car and not having any clue what's under the hood.'

mtbr member
    That's one sweet first bike! Congratulations on your Christmas present and enjoy!

mtbr member
    The forks don't look like they have kashima coat to me...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    That's one sweet first bike! Congratulations on your Christmas present and enjoy!
    -Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Gecko View Post
    The forks don't look like they have kashima coat to me...
    -yeah, I'm not certain either way since it looks more gold in color than previous forks, but it doesn't say 'kashima' on it. Not that I care about the coating, but I like to be able to tell someone if they were to ask instead of being like a guy driving an exotic car only to answer 'IDK' to all your questions. LOL

mtbr member
    It looks like 1st-Gen Kashima, available only on oem forks in 2011. 2012 forks sold both aftermarket and oem with Kashima coating use a darker kashima coat with "Genuine Kashima" anno'd on the upper stanchion.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    It looks like 1st-Gen Kashima, available only on oem forks in 2011. 2012 forks sold both aftermarket and oem with Kashima coating use a darker kashima coat with "Genuine Kashima" anno'd on the upper stanchion.
    This.

Looks exactly like a first gen Kashima legs, BUT with 2012 decals, with the gold accents.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    -Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    -Thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    This.

Looks exactly like a first gen Kashima legs, BUT with 2012 decals, with the gold accents.
    -Thanks

mtbr member
    most oem forks do not come with the kashima printing on the fork legs, but it seems the rear shocks do.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    They are the first gen ones. They do have Kashima coatings but no decal. They also have the upgraded seals. Your should see 4 dots on top of the seals. 70-80 lbs of air pressure to start for a 185 lbs person. Or so I was told by our local Yeti dealer. Its my first post so dont beat me up to bad if i am way wrong.

RSKYBNS

mtbr member
    question answered