mtbr member

Did any '14 SB66 carbon rear ends get made?

When it was still going to be made the SB66 aluminum was going to get a carbon rear end for 2014. Did any of those carbon rear ends get made since the bike was discontinued?

I'd like to see if the mud/leaf/squirrel clearance on the chainstays is any better on the carbon rear and also if said rear end would bolt to the 2013 sb66 aluminum.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    When it was still going to be made the SB66 aluminum was going to get a carbon rear end for 2014. Did any of those carbon rear ends get made since the bike was discontinued?

I'd like to see if the mud/leaf/squirrel clearance on the chainstays is any better on the carbon rear and also if said rear end would bolt to the 2013 sb66 aluminum.
    Wouldn't they be using the same triangle on the full carbon sb66?
    Doubt there's enough room for a squirrel to slide thru.
    Did any '14 SB66 carbon rear ends get made?-dscn4444.jpg

mtbr member
    Convieneantly enough you run the same tire as me and it looks like you have less room than I. Oh well, it was a thought. This pic is with a dirty dan but I have since switched back to my normal HD pacestar in the rear.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Yes, hundreds of them got made.

There's so much confusion over this 'discontinuation', and I'm not sure why - I've taken great pains to explain it clearly in multiple threads.

Once again, we had one US dealer (you can pretty much guess who) buy literally hundreds of this bike. All of our other US dealers combined ordered less than 12.

We're also selling this bike like crazy overseas. Accordingly, we have shipped many hundreds all over the world, and we still have many more coming off the production line. Unfortunately, demand for this bike in the US fell off a cliff, except for the one dealer I mentioned earlier. This bike will be 'discontinued' once we sell through our current production orders.

Cheers guys,

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    How will that affect crash replacement?
    That creep can roll, man.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by ecwashere7 View Post
    How will that affect crash replacement?
    Sorry, I don't understand the question. If you have an issue with your swingarm that qualifies for our crash replacement policy, it'll be handled the same way it is with every other frame we make - we'll replace the part you have with a new version of the very same part for a fair price and via speedy, professional service.

mtbr member
    Thanks John P. I don't mean to add to any confusion just looking for a way to make my yeti a little better for me.

So is it possible to buy a carbon rear triangle or is it a warranty only thing?

mtbr member
    Also, who the hell has these 2014 frames? Jenson hasn't had them show up yet and I figure that's whom you are talking about.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    To fit a carbon rear on an older aluminum front, you need a swingarm, a dogbone, a bunch of hardware, and a bearing kit.

We asked dealers and distributors all over the world if they had any interest in stocking these "upgrade kits", but the demand was so low that it was not economically feasible to offer them. If you'd like to piece together a kit, please get in touch with your dealer and discuss. Unfortunately, our staff is way too small to deal direct with each and every one of our consumers on a one-to-one basis. This is exactly why we have a strong and knowledgable dealer base.

Regarding who has/will have them, I'm not at liberty to promote any one dealer over another, but just ask yourself which dealer/dealers might have that buying power. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out.

JP

mtbr member
    Also, who the hell has these 2014 frames? Jenson hasn't had them show up yet and I figure that's whom you are talking about.
    Pretty sure John is referring to Competitive Cyclist/Backcountry.

mtbr member
    Well I'm going to get a hold of my dealer then. I've found the beginning of a crack in my aluminum chainstay in the same spot some others have cracked.

As long as it's not over 25% of the cost of a new frame it should be a decent deal. Supposed to save a whole pound too.

Somersault Expert
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    To fit a carbon rear on an older aluminum front, you need a swingarm, a dogbone, a bunch of hardware, and a bearing kit.

We asked dealers and distributors all over the world if they had any interest in stocking these "upgrade kits", but the demand was so low that it was not economically feasible to offer them. If you'd like to piece together a kit, please get in touch with your dealer and discuss. Unfortunately, our staff is way too small to deal direct with each and every one of our consumers on a one-to-one basis. This is exactly why we have a strong and knowledgable dealer base.
    So using that as a learning experience, I can only hope the 75 will have a 'bolt on' carbon rear in the future.