Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dented my Yeti SB 95 Frame....

6K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Jory 
#1 ·
Currently in the freak-out stage, after about 18 hours of denial.

I took a nasty over-the-bar spill and put a small dent in my toptube. The pictures aren't that great... can't get a good view of it. But, I'm posting here anyways.... what do you think?
I haven't taken it to my shop/Yeti dealer yet, but I'm going to today or tomorrow to get their opinion.

Is this a small dent that shouldn't worry me? Or, should I be thinking about a replacement?

Attachments

See less See more
#19 ·
Yeah... thanks. I survived with less damage than the bike on this one (scrapped knee, big knot on my forearm).

As for being a madman... I'm just an aggressive rider who loves the bike! But, yeah.... my bike shop's owner recently told me I need to work on my "finesse riding skills"...

#20 ·
Reminds me of my Nitro truck days...if you're not breaking parts, you're not having fun!

So far I've only bent a wheel on my SB 95...got a flat tire as well but nothing close to what you've done. Rock on!

#29 ·
One of the shop owners locally has a SB95 with a dent, same location opposite side and slightly worse than the one in your picture and he said it hasn't affected the performance and he was not worried about it.

We are just up the hill from Yeti which should make it an easy replacement if this individual wanted...just doesn't seem to think it is necessary.

Again, turn up the volume ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.