mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Deciding between a new 575 or SB75

Will be a sight unseen purchase, not really easy for me to demo either one out here in Korea. I got to ride my neighbors SB66 today, he is injured and I sold my a Jamis, what a great freaking bike, I would order one today if I found a large, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Well I have been eyeballing the 575, and the SB75 comp and Enduro for a while now. I couple other bikes too, but I scratched them off the list, I will def own a yeti next.

Trying to figure out the differences between the two bikes, seems like the biggest is suspension travel and the switch rear suspension. I know I would much rather have the extra travel, but is it worth the expense of the switch suspension?

Last thing, riding. My very local trailhead is climb to a flowing singletrack and climb and climb again. 20k north and south of me, is similar but there are trails that they shuttle on, it's 50/50 with the riders between AM and DH bikes. When I move back to Vegas, it is rough terrain desert riding, really rough terrain desert riding, and AM riding with shuttle service.

Needed to add sizing after reading the SB75 thread. The SB66 large I have ridden felt great, the seet needs to be adjusted all they way back 1/2 inch from where the owner has it, going to do that tomorrow because he was nice enough to let me take it out again. The SB75 thread says they fit a little bigger (perfect) how about the 575? I'm 6'1 with a 34 inch inseam.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and tips.
    Last edited by terrasmak; 02-16-2014 at 07:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just got back from another day of riding a borrowed SB66, made some minor adjustments and it fits a lot better. That thing climbs so freaking well, tears thru the rough stuff and corners like a champ.

If I could just find a 66 in large I would just order it. I don't want to order a 575 and be let down on the way it climbs or order a 75 and feel the same about the suspension.

Banging my head, I need to get my new bike ordered this week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    No used SB66's? I just got an XL SB66c and it's the best fitting bike I've ever had. I'm 6'4" and the XL with at 50mm stem and 800mm wide bars really couldn't fit better. WAY better than the XL Nomadc. I find it interesting that the SB66 is the best feeling XL bike for us tall guys and no XL SB75... I'd just try to find a barely used SB66 on ebay or get a Large Pivot Mach 6! The difference between the Switch link and DW link over a single pivot or even VPP is the way you can stand and sprint. For this I will never own anything else again. It just fits my riding style so well. It actually makes riding way more fun for me. Muy buddy just went from a 575 to an SB66 and says the same thing.

mtbr member
    I'd stick with finding a SB66. I loved my 575 but the SB66 is way better in pretty much every category you can think of. Don't settle get what you want.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    If you're committed to 650, I think the SB75 is probably better. I've owned the 575 (26er) and while its a really good bike, the SB platform is just better than a single pivot design. Also, I haven't ridden the 75, only the 66, so it's just an educated guess on my part.

If you want a 66, try calling some of the bigger Internet retailers. Yeti will be sending them whatever bikes they ordered in the pre-season. Maybe one will have a 66 on the way.

mtbr member
    The 66, 575 and the SB75 are all very capable bikes. The 575 will have a plusher suspension but not as efficient on the uphill. It's a fun bike to ride though. The SB75 will have the more efficient suspension and the 27.5 inch wheels should help a bit with rollover capability. The SB66 is a great bike.. The only downside I can think of is if you decide to sell a 66 in a few years, you may have a difficult time. People are having a tough time now, selling any 26 inch bike. This may or may not be of concern to you. I haven't ridden the SB75, but if it were me it's what I would choose. The bigger decision, IMO, is getting the right size frame matched with the correct stem on any bike you get sight unseen. Good luck !
    The Mtn Bike App --> http://mtbphotoz.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If what you want is the SB66, I recommend that you check out chainlove.com I bought a and SB66 Carbon at Competitive Cyclist just a few weeks ago when I heard they will stop making them but have since seen them at Chain Love at great prices. They have listed frames and entire bikes both in Aluminum and Carbon.

mtbr member
    I own an SB66c and test rode the SB75a and 575 (27.5).

I'm sticking with my 66c for now but between the 75 and 575 I really liked the 575 better.

Yeti has reworked the 575 for the 27.5 and it boobs much less than the older 575 and truth be told I was not at all impressed with the sb75.

The 575 was designed from the group up for 27.5 I personally believe the sb75 is just a filler until they can get something else out in that tire size.

For me, SB66c, then 575 then SB75 and I would either wait for the SB75c or look else where if I had to go down that path.

Good luck with your selection!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jftoha View Post
    If what you want is the SB66, I recommend that you check out chainlove.com I bought a and SB66 Carbon at Competitive Cyclist just a few weeks ago when I heard they will stop making them but have since seen them at Chain Love at great prices. They have listed frames and entire bikes both in Aluminum and Carbon.
    Have not been able to find a large anywhere yet in a 66, there are a couple of frames in large available, but a frame up build would be way out of budget.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Still have not ordered anything, but still beating my head into a wall about it. I can get an XL 66 easily. I have ridden the large, seat had to be moved all the way back and I was still sitting on the back of the seat while peddling. A slight layback seat post would help, I really only need 10 to 15mm more. Well being 6'1 I really wonder how the XL would fit, would it be a giant bike under me or just the extra needed. Thoughts, thoughts and thoughts, has anyone had a L and an XL next to rack other to really compare?