mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Cracked ASX swing arm

Anyone have a rear swing arm for an ASX?

I rode my 2001 ASX with a big tire that would rub under high loads. I changed out the tire after about six rides. But the tire cut a decent groove in the non drive side of the swing arm. Now after six months of riding I have a cracked swing arm. Stupid. But the frame and shock are in awesome condition. I hate to toss a hand made Yeti in the trash. But I can’t justify spending $800.00 for a replacement swing arm.

all day long
    last august, i found a crack on the seat tube of my 2002 asx. it didn't look bad, but upon further inspection, it looked to go through the entire tube. i called seth @ yeti and he told me it was out of warranty, but they have a crash replacement program. i was bummed to retire this hand-made gem.

since my big bike is a vpx, i went w/ a 575 w/ the carbon rear, titanium bolts, and a dhx air shock. they hooked me up pretty good. it'll still cost you, but you'll be getting the latest technology and it won't break the bank. yeah, it's not handmade, and it now comes from taiwan (admittedly, i was a little bias against taiwan made), but the quality isn't compromised. anyway, food for thought.

mtbr member

Thanks

I will give Yeti a call and see what they are willing to do.