mtbr member
    Aug 2013

cracked 2003 Yeti ASR main triangle, anyone got one to sell?

I was inspecting my welds and found a crack on my beloved 2003 Yeti AS-R frame. It's on the main triangle, where the down and top tubes are welded together. Crack is on the bottom side of the top tube.

I want to find a replacement main triangle, size Medium. Yeti only has a pink one in stock, and I'm not keen on having a pink bike. So I'd like to buy a 2003-2004 Medium size main triangle. If you have or know someone that owns one please let me know. Maybe someone with a cracked rear triangle. A 2005-2006 main triangle might work, I'm waiting for a definitive answer from Yeti.

I'm also willing to sell my bike as-is. The pivots/bushings/bearings are all in good shape, recently inspected by a mechanic. The Fox Float RL shock is in average condition. Bike is still rideable (I did a 15 mile mtb ride after finding the crack, worked fine) if you want to check out the suspension, shifting, brakes, etc. I bought another bike to get me through the season, will let you all know if I sell the ASR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cracked 2003 Yeti ASR main triangle, anyone got one to sell?-yeti-crack3-sm.jpg  

Last edited by co_tim; 08-01-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: add info

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    If you happen to still be looking, I have a complete 2004 medium frame in the 2003 red color (first batch off the line that year), 1 year on new yetis bushings and bearings, 2010 Fox RP23 with two seasons of use on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is the pink one being offered to you as a crash replacement? If the price they are offering you is reasonable, you might think about getting the pink one and having it custom painted. I think it is at most ~200 bucks here in socal. Then you have the option of a sweet custom colored yeti!

mtbr member
    sent you a pm