mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Could you yeti experts check this out for me please? :)

found this bike for sale...

looks great.. its a 2005 medium frame.

what were the 2005 versions like?

was the 2006 much different?

any thing i should ask/check?

and sorry to ask... how much would you pay for the frame?

im 5ft 8" would this fit me as they look very compact!

many thanks

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    If I am not mistaken, since 2005 the frame hasn't changed only the shock options. Not sure on the price though...

clone
    May 2004
    pretty right. The CF swingarm is now an option and of course there's the headbadge - but all the bits move in the same way.

Price. A yeay old mountain bike is never worth any more than 50% of the new price - and this one less than that.

I'm guessing that one is built-for-sale, as in take all the good bits off for the new bike, put old bits on the old frame and sell it. (LX rear derailleur, rim brake wheels, deore cranks, ?? brakes) though it's kinda hard to tell. Is that a Rock Shox rear shock? The only shock you want is either a rebuilt 5th Element or Fox RP3 or RP23.

Summary. bits look average, but if the frame's not too trashed (look for stone chips under the down-tube and on the stays where the tyres pass) you might get a bargain.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Yes, that is definately a Yeti 575. I'm sure of it.

The 05' has the sticker headbadge instead of an actual badge
    The frame is basically identicle otherwise.
    Looks like it has the RP3 shock, which is good.

Depending on the parts for the complete bike I'd say about $1500 or less for the bike in that picture.

Remember you "can" find new complete builds for about $2k.

mtbr member
    I thought that in 2005 you could only get black as anno........ I'm guessing that's a 2004, unless early on in 2005 they offered a powdercoated black and then change sometime throught the year..... I'm 5'8" and have a meduim 2005 black anno and it fits me perfectly, after I changed my stem to a 90.

Dean

EDR
    Some clarifications...

I have a '05 575.

Mine has the headtube badge.

My color options were: Team Turq (which I went with), Orange, Raw and black ano...

If it's the shiny black scheme then it might be an '04. I'm sure they went to the matte black ano finish for '05 but not sure if it was a mid year change or not.

clone
    May 2004
    That's painted - hence the first year model ~2004. Kinda moot point, given the release doesn't really follow the calendar. They're all the same other than finish and headbadge.