Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Conundrum: Upgrade to a SB66C, or wait and see if Yeti releases a 180mm version.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smellurfingers 
#1 ·
Maybe some of the insiders can help. Thinking of upgrading from my 66a to a 66c, but would wait if Yeti were to offer a longer travel version in the next few months, which would make sense as the All Mountain market seems to be settling at 6.7 inches. Insiders? Any rumors?

#2 ·
I wouldn't hold your breath on a long travel sb66. I talked with a few of the guys at a demo last week and they said it's something that they would love, but it's not in the cards for a while. They are going to dial in the sb66c then sb95c and then probably go smaller before they go bigger.

And not to raise a ruckus but why go to a sb66c? You really want to loose the pound? I guess the carbon is probably stiffer but I couldn't justify it. I would put money into parts before I swapped frames........ Unless your already rocking a xtr/xx build with carbon wheels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
I wouldn't hold your breath on a long travel sb66. I talked with a few of the guys at a demo last week and they said it's something that they would love, but it's not in the cards for a while. They are going to dial in the sb66c then sb95c and then probably go smaller before they go bigger.

And not to raise a ruckus but why go to a sb66c? You really want to loose the pound? I guess the carbon is probably stiffer but I couldn't justify it. I would put money into parts before I swapped frames........ Unless your already rocking a xtr/xx build with carbon wheels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Carbon frame is the only upgrade I have left. I've only talked to two people that had both and they say the carbon rails even harder than the aluminum....but that could have just been initial stoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.