Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    In my mind, I can do it!
    Reputation: iviguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,375

    Come on weekend...

    It's almost the weekend and I am really anxious to ride. I didn't get to last weekend due to a sprained ankle and the weekend before I got to ride but it had a crappy ending with fall and sprain.... My poor Yeti has been neglected....

  2. #2
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    Have a blast... We won't be riding this weekend because we're going to Kansas. My girlfriend's grandparents have their 50th or 60th wedding anniversary. Five hour drive and no downhill at the end?! Ugh. Rode 12miles this morning early because I knew I'd be having a 575 craving... maybe I can ride when I get home Sunday evening... hmmmm

    Enjoy your ride for us too!

  3. #3
    Hi!!!
    Reputation: BelaySlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,544
    Take it easy on that ankle dude!

    I was gonna ride tonight, but work and other crap popped up. I'm gonna be stuck in this office for a couple of more hours tonight . Besides, my riding partner has diarrhea!!!

    Tomorrow is gonna be a pretty busy day so I probably won't ride.

    On Sunday I'm gonna try to get in a long road ride.

    Have a great riding weekend!!!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

  4. #4
    roar
    Reputation: rocknrollbarbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    302

    Weekend fun

    Here's flipinidaho having some weekend fun on the Yeti yesterday. We will take out the Yetis again tonight. Post your weekend pics too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

  5. #5
    In my mind, I can do it!
    Reputation: iviguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Take it easy on that ankle dude!

    I was gonna ride tonight, but work and other crap popped up. I'm gonna be stuck in this office for a couple of more hours tonight . Besides, my riding partner has diarrhea!!!

    Tomorrow is gonna be a pretty busy day so I probably won't ride.

    On Sunday I'm gonna try to get in a long road ride.

    Have a great riding weekend!!!
    The ankle was fine while pedaling but when I twist to get out of the pedals it hurts. I am still debating on going to the doc. Everyone I talk to that has seen the swelling and stuff tells me I need to go see the doctor about it but it seems like it is getting better to me so I don't want to go...

    The ride was good on Saturday even though I got so fatigued it felt like I hadn't ridden it months. I also tried a road ride for the first time. I don't get the attraction. Road riding is not fun to me at all. It's boring.....

  6. #6
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    Good to hear you had a nice ride! When it comes to medical advice, preventative is always better... swinging by a doctor could clear your mind of worries, or let you know you should be worried. Either way, it's better to know than not know. That being said, you know your body better than anyone.

    As a side note, riding a road bike is boring to me too. You aren't alone there...

  7. #7
    In my mind, I can do it!
    Reputation: iviguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Good to hear you had a nice ride! When it comes to medical advice, preventative is always better... swinging by a doctor could clear your mind of worries, or let you know you should be worried. Either way, it's better to know than not know. That being said, you know your body better than anyone.

    As a side note, riding a road bike is boring to me too. You aren't alone there...
    Appointment made for tomorrow morn... I'll either be able to tell everyone that I was right and it was just a sprain, or I'll be wearing some temporary cast.... In either case, I suppose $20 is worth the visit.

  8. #8
    Hi!!!
    Reputation: BelaySlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    The ankle was fine while pedaling but when I twist to get out of the pedals it hurts. I am still debating on going to the doc. Everyone I talk to that has seen the swelling and stuff tells me I need to go see the doctor about it but it seems like it is getting better to me so I don't want to go...
    Somewhat related, but a couple of us from the Idaho board went riding in Stanley several weekends ago and one of 'em fell down on her left hand. That was on a Saturday. It wasn't until last Wednesday or so that she finally went to the doc. Diagnosis? "Boxer's Fracture" and is in a cast for the next 8-12 weeks. Before she went to the doc, she said that it was swelling and couldn't do some simple things with her hands like straighten out her fingers or type well.

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is it's better to have it checked out instead of letting something like that linger cuz it could be something bad even though it probably doesn't look or feel bad.

    I also tried a road ride for the first time. I don't get the attraction. Road riding is not fun to me at all. It's boring.....
    Given the choice between mountain and road, I'm gonna pick mountain. Different strokes for different folks I guess. But I really do like road riding. I don't go out for long stretches at a time. I don't even ride road that much. I usually get in anywhere from 1-2 hours and just usually in the low 20s mileage-wise 1-2x/week. This year my goal was to do all of the "Treasure Valley Charity Bike Series". It's four charity rides and this upcoming Saturday is the last one (I'm doing a half-century). Last night I did a "Mini Tour de Western Caldwell" and only got in 14.6 miles. Other than one speeding car coming way too close to me, it was a fun ride.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •