mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Changes to the 575 over different model years?

Does anyone know what changes (if any) the 575 has had through the years? I'm looking for a used 575 and want to be aware of any differences between the model years. Thanks in advance for your help!

mtbr member
    Nothing major that I know of except rear derailleur cable routing; the 04's had interrupted housing and the newer ones have full length housing. Also there has been different finishes such as the 04 black is paint and the 05 black is ano.

Oh yeah, and the 04's came with the 5th element shock, 05/06 with Fox RP3, and 07 with Fox RP23.

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    Nothing major that I know of except rear derailleur cable routing; the 04's had interrupted housing and the newer ones have full length housing. Also there has been different finishes such as the 04 black is paint and the 05 black is ano.

Oh yeah, and the 04's came with the 5th element shock, 05/06 with Fox RP3, and 07 with Fox RP23.
    The 04' had a painted badge. The metal badge was added mid 05, so there are some 05' frames with painted badges and some with metal.The cable bosses on the down tube and the rear swingarm were changed in 05' to accommodate the full length housing mentioned above. Some people still use interrupted housing on the down tube but you can tell by looking at the bosses if it is an 04' or an 05'/06'

Salad Days
    the dogbone where it connects to the shock changed in 2004 to make replacing the bearings there easier.