mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Chain Guide (yet again!) for SB66

I am converting my SB66 to 1x10 now. I am looking at chain guides and unsure what to get and how to mount.
    I understand I need a Shimano Dtype mount or High Direct Mount type.

I am looking at the E13 XCX or MRP 1.x
    I ride mostly XC and trails - nothing big there and not looking to add more weight to the bike. How can I mount either of those? BB mount would work?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    MRP Unveils New Guides - Sea Otter 2010 - Pinkbike
    At the bottom of the page, it says designed to work with Shimano Direct Mount frames. I believe the SB66 has that according to the official manual.
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | Shop
    Another confirmation for the above item.

And this is where I am buying from: MRP 1.X Guide > Components > Drivetrain > Chain Tensioners and Guides | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop (direct mount version).

Any one can confirm I am making the right purchase?

26 for life.
    The direct mount XCX will work fine, I use one on my HT.
    But I would suggest a E13 TRS+ single guide using the Yeti iscg mount. The lower roller takes out all the chainslap on the bottom of the chain stay. I'm running the dual version on my SB.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i made mine into a 1x10 using an mrp g2 with a 34t up front. for the most part it works fine with that gearing but there are some times when i do wish i had a 2x set up front.

but if you are doing a 1x10, i couldnt recommend it enough. i used the iscg-05 adapter on the bike as well

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    iscg mounts and a straitline silent guide. Super quiet and smooth. Best one I've ever had and I've had the G2 and e-13.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i run a cSixx carbon guide

made in South Africa ! look it up ! its pretty bling !!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi again

I went for the MRP 1.x DMD model (Shimano type not the SRAM DMD). Stripped down my stock S1000 crank and put on a Raceface Ruby Red 32T ring.
    Lime frame. White chain guide and ruby red single chain. Flamboyancy at best.
    I would post pics if I wasn't using my phone.
    Awesome setup. Makes the bike ultra lively, much lighter and hell quicker on our trails in Egypt. Aggro XC, trail and a tiny bit of enduro to boot.