mtbr member
    May 2010

Chain Guard for ASR-5

What size chain guard do I need for the ASR-5? I'm ordering a pink lizard chain guard and it looks like it comes in regular, jumbo and super jumbo.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    No need, the frame comes with a very slick rubber chain guard. Look at Yeti's website for pics.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    On a related note: has anyone used the frameskin kit for the ASR5C? I have the frame on order and am wondering if I should use some sort of tape to protect against scratches, nicks etc.

mtbr member
    I used our Go-ride.com Factory Clear Coat on the outsides of both the chain and seat stays and also put an extra layer on the down tube over the thin material that the ASR5C comes with from Yeti.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Jumbo won't fit the chain stay only seat stay. Go Super Jumbo, the stock plastic one only protects from above the chainstay so I still run one.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm going to buy a colored chain guard regardless of what it comes with. So it sounds like I'll order a super jumbo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    the factory protector isn't good enough to protect the chain from slapping underneath. I have frame skins and also frame wrap on mine.