mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Carbon Pivot Install.....

Hi everyone -

I am putting my 575 frame together and I am uncertain of how to install the carbon pivot. It is not wanting to go in by hand and I am looking for some advice before I do anything stupid.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Isn't that supposed to be installed at the factory? I'm pretty sure it gets pressed and glued in there somehow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I bought the frame online and the swingarm was removed for cheaper shipping.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    but the carbon pivot is not to be disassembled... it is bonded in place.. are you sure you mean the carbon pivot (on the seatstays) or is it just the main pivot on a rear triangle with carbon stays?

EDIT: I also had to ship my frame with the rear tri taken off, this is how it looks like when "disassembled".. does yours look like this or you have more pieces?

Yeti 575 rear triangle

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yeah it looks just like that. I am having difficulty putting in the bottom part

www.yetifan.com
    You should be able to push the large gold pin through the bearings and through the seat tube with a little force. The pin goes in from the Drive side.

Make sure the pin fits though the frame with out the swing arm on, and also through the bearings.

I've done a few and it should slot together pretty easy.
    Andrew

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    azmountainkiller, Take a look at the Yeti assembly Guide, it might provide the guide you need.