Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't decide!!

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Can't decide!!

    I need help guys. I currently ride A Felt Virtue 3 with XT everything. I really want a Yeti SB66. I have found a 2012 Carbon Race model with XTR rear derailleur, Rockshox dropper seat post, and Raceface Next Carbon cranks(2x10). The frame was recalled and the new frame has only about 30 miles on it and the bike looks virtually new. Now....The price is $3800, are there any differences in the '12 vs '13-14? Its either this bike or a new Enduro model Aluminum(possibly the 27.5 model). What should I do?????

    Thanks in advance for the help...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    302
    There hasn't been recall on SB66's, but there has been a bearing campaign.

    There are no differences between a 2012-current model SB66, and they are all 26".

    The Enduro model is new to this year and would not have XTR components.

    $3800 sounds like a fair deal to me.

  3. #3
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,935
    Never heard of a frame recall. Didn't happen.

    The 66 does not come in 27.5, maybe you meant the SB75, but that is not a 66 (obviously).

    Price? IDK. Everything is so damn expensive now. It's '12 model so it should be less than a comparable model of a newer year no matter it's condition.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    66
    I'm guessing by recalled he meant warrantied? Only key difference in the 66c between 12/13/14 would be the rear shock. If its a very early 2012 it may be a RP23, but mine arrived in August 2012 and came with a 2013 CTD.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115
    The only change should be to the 2014 Alloy model, which now runs carbon rear (same retail price as the '13 model). I just (yesterday) purchased a '13 alloy SB66, but would have run a carbon if it was in stock, mainly to save a little weight, as I'm running 36's and a relatively heavy build. Would have tried the SB-75, but disappointed to see the travel drop by an inch, was hoping for around 140mm.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 07:07 AM
  2. Help me decide...SS vs 1x9
    By Sickmak90 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM
  3. Help me decide.
    By jhobert in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
  4. Help me decide which of these three?
    By xycose in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
  5. Help me decide!
    By Dogs rule! in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •