Who is John Galt?

Buying a Yeti 575

I've read all the raves and think this is the bike for me. but how do I go about buying one? There's no dealer in MO. I checked the Yeti web site and the 575 with Enduro build lists at $2600 -- yet(i) I see posts MUCH less expensive. Has that been the case with you all? What's a good price for this beast? Another question, can you substitute parts or are you stuck with the package? I am thinking I want Juicy 7s instead of the mechanical brakes, also want different tires, probably Fires or Cinders as they work well for me in the past. OK, one more question: I gave up on a Santa Cruz because of the delivery problems. How is Yeti on delivery? Can you just pick one up or is there a big wait?
    Hoping to join the Tribe...

mtbr member
    I was just at fullcycles.com (the actual shop) and they had a bunch of yetis hanging in the window. I'd give them a call. Talk to Will. they had far and away the best price i heard of when I bought my 575 frame. Their customer service is also top notch. I live only 45 minutes away from them, but I wish they were closer. I ended up getting the juicy 5's with mine and I was blown away by the price on those too. I imagine they will work with you on your build kit.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by in the flesh?
    I was just at fullcycles.com (the actual shop) and they had a bunch of yetis hanging in the window. I'd give them a call. Talk to Will. they had far and away the best price i heard of when I bought my 575 frame. Their customer service is also top notch. I live only 45 minutes away from them, but I wish they were closer. I ended up getting the juicy 5's with mine and I was blown away by the price on those too. I imagine they will work with you on your build kit.
    YES. I second that for fullcycles.com. Will is awesome as is their customer service. I got the 575 Enduro for a price that no one could touch. Not only that but I called Will about a very slight wobble in the rear wheel and he immediately said he would send me another. Not only is he sending me a wheel but when I get it there will be a return postage paid label to return the wheel I have now. AWESOME!

If you are getting the Enduro this what I would change.
    * Get a salsa seatpost clamp. Stock clamp is sucky.
    * If you can afford it, get a better wheelset. The FSA Will has on sale might be a good option.
    * The J5's are really nice brakes but it might be nice to have the J7's. It comes with Juicy 5's so if you wanted to save the money you won't be disappointed.
    * I LOVE these tires. Maxxis CrossMark. Fast, Fast, Fast and they corner very well. They don't slip uphill either. Get the ones with LUST for a thicker sidewall.
    * Upgrade to the Rock Shox Air U-Turn. This fork just rocks! I love it.
    * I recommend ordering a spare derailleur hanger. $10 for new which is $5 cheaper than having it bent back in place.

Like I said, call Will and tell him what you want. He will make you a deal that will beat that $2600 price silly.

mtbr member

Where in Mo. are you??

I bought my 575 from Bike Source in Olathe, Ks.

This is just outside of Kansas City on the Kansas side.

David

EDR
    Check with Fullcylces, pm Bonkey on this site (he has a shop in Utah) and email Brian from www.boutiquebikes.com

Then go with what works for you.

I bought from boutique bikes. They swapped out many components from the stock Enduro kit for me at REAL cost. I even saved $50 by going from the Vanilla to a RS Pike Uturn (and the Pike is waaay kick-ass!)

btw the 575 does not come with mechanical brakes. The Juicy's are hydraulic.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    find a fat, midwestern rich guy who doesn't want his anymore. lowball him, and hope he takes it.

worked for me. I got mine, barely used, with a few 'bugs' to work out for $1200 under retail.

Just obsess on the computer until it lands in your lap.

Adobo Lover
    Ivi, do you have the exception series crossmarks from Maxxis or the standard ones?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Big Jim- you have a PM. Let me know if you go to Bikesource. You can negotiate as long as you don't ASK for a break. TELL them what you will pay and I can help you figure that out if you're buying new. It's nice to buy local if they will give you a good deal.
    You can come check out my 575 if you want. It's a Medium- not for over 6ft tall guys. I'm considering selling it and getting a Large ASR-SL. That's another "what bike to buy" story though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Check with Fullcylces, pm Bonkey on this site (he has a shop in Utah) and email Brian from www.boutiquebikes.com

Then go with what works for you.

I bought from boutique bikes. They swapped out many components from the stock Enduro kit for me at REAL cost. I even saved $50 by going from the Vanilla to a RS Pike Uturn (and the Pike is waaay kick-ass!)

btw the 575 does not come with mechanical brakes. The Juicy's are hydraulic.

Good luck
    I emailed half the people on Yeti's dealer list. Maybe if i haggled more i could have gotten a better deal elsewhere but Bonkey gave me the best quote straight up. PM him