Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ******ed or Branded??

Hope Bring back SB66C = Bringing sexy back!!!

Dear Yeti,

Please bring the SB66 A/C back!! Maybe lower the price a bit to where it wouldn't hurt you and it's affordable to us mere mortals. It just took me a bit longer than expected to finally come up with the dough but when I was ready, BAM "No SB66 For You"!

Anyways I think if you brought it back on good faith, lowered the price a bit, I think it would sell very well. Especially since this whole 650b thing is very minuscule of an advantage, which soon people will realize. But what do I know, I just want to get my hands on one sooner than later.

Thanks
    Long time Yeti fan!!

hahaha oh well worth the try anyways!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Dear Yeti,

but when I was ready, BAM "No SB66 For You"!
    You can still buy them. I just ordered one from a dealer last week.

******ed or Branded??
    Well I wish you luck that the "dealer" finds one for you cause Yeti is out and I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Surestick Malone View Post
    You can still buy them. I just ordered one from a dealer last week.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    As long as you're not a large, Backcountry has plenty. Right now they're the lower price you're asking for too

******ed or Branded??
    BC is out both medium, which I need, and large.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash-VR View Post
    As long as you're not a large, Backcountry has plenty. Right now they're the lower price you're asking for too

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash-VR View Post
    Sucks I need a large, if they had one it would have been ordered by now.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Well I wish you luck that the "dealer" finds one for you cause Yeti is out and I know for sure.
    Incorrect. In the next month or two, there will be more shipping to the few dealers/international distributors who committed to the 66 during our pre-season ordering program.

And regarding your comment about lowering the price and keeping it in our lineup, we added a carbon rear end and 12x142 thru axle to the 66A from last year (probably a $400 upgrade?) and dropped the price by $250. Preseason sales were nearly non-existent.

Guys, I appreciate all the design and business advice, but I can assure you that we exhausted every conceivable possibility before deciding to wind down production on what is the all-time favorite bike for most of our staff. In the end, very few shops wanted the bike badly enough to commit to it during our preseason selling period, and when the market speaks, we listen.

I've said this ad nauseum, but we continue to work on the next generation of all our bikes, and when they're refined, perfected, and in stock, we'll release them for sale. In the meantime, get out there and enjoy the trails!

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I am sure there are used Large SB 66 around

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Incorrect. In the next month or two, there will be more shipping to the few dealers/international distributors who committed to the 66 during our pre-season ordering program.

And regarding your comment about lowering the price and keeping it in our lineup, we added a carbon rear end and 12x142 thru axle to the 66A from last year (probably a $400 upgrade?) and dropped the price by $250. Preseason sales were nearly non-existent.

Guys, I appreciate all the design and business advice, but I can assure you that we exhausted every conceivable possibility before deciding to wind down production on what is the all-time favorite bike for most of our staff. In the end, very few shops wanted the bike badly enough to commit to it during our preseason selling period, and when the market speaks, we listen.

I've said this ad nauseum, but we continue to work on the next generation of all our bikes, and when they're refined, perfected, and in stock, we'll release them for sale. In the meantime, get out there and enjoy the trails!

JP
    Doodooboi had me a bit worried for a second there. Thanks for the correction to the misinformation!

******ed or Branded??
    didn't mean to scare you SM, just thought you might be the with a shop that had to call in a new order for a frame. which i had to and of course they are not taking new orders. just filling the preorders. i do hope they have one for you.

JP, this was just a cry of pure desperation, there was nothing behind it. just sad to see a great bike go, which i missed out on. i'll be waiting for the next reincarnation of the great sb66.

sorry this was all in lower case i had a sleeping 11mnth in the other arm so i'm stuck typing with one hand hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Surestick Malone View Post
    Doodooboi had me a bit worried for a second there. Thanks for the correction to the misinformation!

mtbr member
    Large 66a in Yellow right now on Chainlove (frame only)

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    With this rush of people trying to snatch up 66s, I am amazed at how little interest their is in mine.. Plus at work, we can't give away 26" bikes no matter if it's our SB66, our pimped out ASR7 or our Specialized bikes... There is just zero demand for 26" bikes anymore.

I am trying to get rid of my 66a to try something new after riding the ASR7 and the 66 for 3 years now... I'll jet keep the 66c just to make sure that I always have a badass rig to go back to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Not to rub it on anybody's face, but boy am I glad I ordered my SB66 carbon early enough. According to UPS it arrives tomorrow and can't wait to put it together! I am really sorry so many people will not get a chance to get one of these just because of this ridiculous and overblown need to get a wheel with a radius .75" longer. I am all for new wheel sizes, but I am not for unjustified hype that eliminates options for riders.
    Last edited by jftoha; 02-19-2014 at 06:35 AM.

******ed or Branded??
    Ok do you have a 66A or a 66C your post is a tad confusing? If it's a Carbon frame what year, size, condition is it?

Quote Originally Posted by swan3609 View Post
    With this rush of people trying to snatch up 66s, I am amazed at how little interest their is in mine.. Plus at work, we can't give away 26" bikes no matter if it's our SB66, our pimped out ASR7 or our Specialized bikes... There is just zero demand for 26" bikes anymore.

I am trying to get rid of my 66a to try something new after riding the ASR7 and the 66 for 3 years now... I'll jet keep the 66c just to make sure that I always have a badass rig to go back to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    SB66C was on Chainlove again today... 36% off. Only had S and XL sizes though.

bog
    mtbr member
    I have my eye on an XL SB66c because it is a true XL and I loved my SB66a (until it crumbled into pieces). Normally I would have snatched one up in at heartbeat from a Chainlove at $1919 but the resale on any 26" frame or bike is so low right now that it isn't worth it.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Ok do you have a 66A or a 66C your post is a tad confusing? If it's a Carbon frame what year, size, condition is it?
    uh, he said "66a" - which means alloy, last I heard.

mtbr member
    BC is out both medium, which I need, and large.
    I was in Two Wheeler Dealer in Hayden, ID yesterday. They've got a Medium 66a on the showroom floor right now. Try calling them if you're still looking for a Medium. The manager's name is Shane.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    New Frame August 2013, museum condition, Carbon everything and Enduro as hell, make me an offer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bring back SB66C = Bringing sexy back!!!-s1600_img_0376.jpg  

Bring back SB66C = Bringing sexy back!!!-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    What size is that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Large

******ed or Branded??
    Shucks I need a medium

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley1 View Post
    Large

mtbr member
    Shucks I need a medium
    Medium 66c on chainlove right now

undercover brother
    If anyone is looking for a medium alloy, I just posted mine in the classifieds. Hope this doesn't break the rules mods.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Call Shawn at Fresh Bike Service in Roswell, GA. I ordered a medium 66c last Friday.
    770-587-4982. There were 3-4 left. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast