mtbr member

Best looking Yeti's of all time

So I brought my bike into work today to have some service done on it at a local shop. My ASR-5 is sitting in my office where I've been staring at it all morning. As great a bike as this rig is on the trails, it's just as great to look at.

People can talk all day long about how they don't care what a bike looks like, just what it rides like but I disagree. Good looking bikes are part of the enjoyment of the sport for me. As I stare at my precious ASR-5, I realize that Yeti's, in general, are some of the best looking bikes made.

My favorite "looking" bike of all time is the 2008-2011 ARC. The turquoise-to-white paint, looped stays, and geometry that screams "FAST!" make this my favorite. Sadly, I've never owned one. I've been searching for a used frame for over year with the intent of swapping the components over from my 2005 hardtail but I can't find a Small anywhere. I saw one pop up on Ebay for about $450 but it was bought before I could log in.

Second comes the ASR-5. Clearly, I'm biased, as this is my bike. But the lines on this bike are fantastic. First, it looks like a climber. I don't know why but something about this bike makes me think it's a great climber...and it is! Second, I love how the line from the rear axle to the shock mount is straight. This creates a 3-triangle design that makes for a clean look. The curved top tube is a work of art and beefy carbon rear triangle gives it a bombproof look. This is the best looking FS bike ever made, by any brand, in my opinion.

The new ARC Carbon could quickly become the best looking bike ever made. I need to see one live (which I will tonight) before deciding but Yeti did a FANTASTIC job making a sexy HT. Well done!

I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr noob
    I agree that the new ARC Carbon is beautiful to look at. Just like my Troll...! Something about looped stays just does it for me.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Nice start! ARC C is stunning.

Throwing SB66C into the mix (not my picture):

Best looking Yeti's of all time-img_1815.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I agree with the classic ARCs (especially the older ones with the yellow and turquoise paint). The new ARCc is fantastic looking although I've yet to see one in person.

One to add to the list that will probably be controversial is the Ultimate. Yeah, the elevated chainstays had a number of problems, but the thing is just so iconic. I'd love to build up one as a vintage classic racer.

mtbr member
    Carbon 303
    Sb95c
    Sb66c
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

Tribe Member
    The best looking Yeti's are the ones sitting in my garage. Yea I'm bias but when you have a 93 PRO FRO, 96 ARC and an 08 ASR there can be a big puddle of drool at times.
    The ARC Carbon is an eye catcher though...love the lines of it.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The new SB95c's are gorgeous in person. Lots of curves and the finish is top notch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The chainring on the second pic is HUGE!!!!

LCW
    mtbr member

One of my favorite looking Yetis... I like the white/turquoise scheme (like ARC that KevinGT posted)...

Of course - I think my own Yeti looks damn good

2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

Sneaker man
    The old turquoise/grey ARC to me is the best looking yeti, followed by the all turquoise 2000-04 frame.
    The FS bikes, well older ones look purposeful, but not pretty.
    All the new stuff looks a bit too swoopy and silly, not pretty, not purposeful and the ARCc is the worst. Not saying they are bad bikes, but I find their looks unappealing.
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    The old turquoise/grey ARC to me is the best looking yeti, followed by the all turquoise 2000-04 frame.
    The FS bikes, well older ones look purposeful, but not pretty.
    All the new stuff looks a bit too swoopy and silly, not pretty, not purposeful and the ARCc is the worst. Not saying they are bad bikes, but I find their looks unappealing.
    Interesting how opinions differ. I love the ARCc but I agree on the new FS bikes. I do not at all like the look of the SB bikes. The lines look very random to me and the frame has no visual flow. I especially dislike how the swingarm connects to the shock and the shock connects to the frame. It may be a great performing pivot design but it's visually a mess.

But I do love the white and turquoise bikes in any design!
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The best looking Yeti, to me, will be the one that is sitting in my garage by the end of the summer. I don't care what model it is. I've decided just now that my next bike will be a Yeti. Poking around this sub-forum has left a giant puddle of drool on my kitchen table.

But if I have to be unbiased I'll say that any ARC from any year is the best looking model, everything else is second.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Big fan of the 25th anniversary Yetis...

Best looking Yeti's of all time-2011-yeti-575-25th-anniversary.jpg
    Best looking Yeti's of all time-9016.jpg

But a good looking Yeti is a fast Yeti. Nothing faster than any type of Yeti under this bloke....DH/4X/BMX and now even XC!

Best looking Yeti's of all time-1344441771313-1ecf29hafy955-670-70.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    My vote:

Disclaimer: Not my bike. The owner is a member here who posted it in the build thread.
    Last edited by chksix; 06-30-2013 at 04:16 AM.

LCW
    mtbr member

This.

Best looking Yeti's of all time-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372511921.494144.jpg
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Best looking Yeti's of all time

I really have been swooned by the curves on the 66c. Then the monster old school dual railed 303s have always been a mix of technical awe and good looking.

And the team colored DJ frames got me excited too. I was kinda bummed that the last run of DJ frames was black only.

But I also love my team colored ASR 7. Enough so that when I moved my parts from my 7 to my 66, I hung my 7 frame on the wall to look at because it is great to look at.

Send from my phablet.
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by chksix View Post
    My vote:
    Gorgeous. But I'd hope anything that runs you close to $10k should be pretty damn good to look at.