mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Bent my geardrop today

On todays ride a branch somehow managed to destroy my SRAM XO derailleur and my
    geardrop was bent quite a lot. I was a bit surprised how easy and such a little impact that would destroy my derailleur and bend the geardrop.

Anyone know where I can buy a geardrop online in Europe or in USA willing to ship to Denmark?

EDR
    I assume by geardrop you are referring to the derauiler(sp?) hanger, yes?

I bent mine up pretty good and was able to just remove it, set it on a flat piece of concrete walkway and firmly but gently hammer it flat. I placed a board over it while using the hammer. I rode it like that for months without a single shifting issue. Your's looks in worse shape than mine was, but until you get a replacement this method may get you up and running so at least you can ride the bike.

I assume you've tried Yeti direct and they won't ship overseas, is that right? If that is the case I'm sure you could contact a bike shop here in the US that will ship you a new hanger.

PM 'Bonkey' from this forum. He has a shop in Utah and from all accounts is very reputable. If he can't help I'm sure he can direct you to someone who can either in the US or abroad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Jep I refer to the derauiler(sp?) hanger, which we here in Denmark call a geardrop I have emailed Bonkey from who I also bought the bike. He is a great guy and I need some other spare parts so I will probably buy them from him. Today is a national holiday in Denmark and all the stores are closed so I will contact some different stores tomorrow because I donīt want to miss any riding this weekend

And my new Pike 454 Air and DT 5.1/Hope pro II wheels should arrive tomorrow so hopefully my 575 should be ready for some action

I sure hope I can find a derauiller hanger somewhere

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite
    I sure hope I can find a derauiller hanger somewhere
    I've got two brand new ones, let me know if you can't find one and I can sell you one of my spares.

Hate to see a fellow Yeti rider grounded.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I've got two brand new ones, let me know if you can't find one and I can sell you one of my spares.

Hate to see a fellow Yeti rider grounded.
    Thanks. The worst part is that GLS probably will deliver my new Pike 454 Air and DT 5.1/Pro II hubs wheels tomorrow and I would really like to try the new setup this week. There are two Yeti dealers in Denmark who I willl contact tomorrow and hopefully they have a hanger. Otherwise I will need a big dose of Prozac

Ami Schwein
    http://www.triple-hhh.com/

The German Distributor can hook you up. Definitely call though...the email response time is kinda slow.
    Wait until Spring Bandini

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k-stein
    http://www.triple-hhh.com/

The German Distributor can hook you up. Definitely call though...the email response time is kinda slow.
    Thanks. I tracked down a dealer in Denmark who can supply a hanger by tuesday. That means no riding this week and I have to wait testing my new equipment

At least it is raining quite at a lot. My Yetis current setup it is quite depressing

Ami Schwein
    No problem, must have been quite the crash...are you sure the gear drop is the only thing that's bent!?!?!? )
    Wait until Spring Bandini