mtbr member

Been having bad thoughts....

Am I crazy for considering changing my mind and going with an ASR 5 C instead of the 575 Enduro?
    I like the idea of less weight and there is still tons more travel than I'm used to and I'm thinking I might climb better with it and carbon is cool and....

Help me please.

mtbr member
    Ars5 is a killer bike. Killer. Buy it.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Just go with your gut. Either is a great choice! I know what I'd buy though
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Nope--After talking with the LBS and listening to my 'gut' :-) and the signals from my body suffering accelerated decrepitude, I'm sticking with the 575.

THe build parts are on the way!!!!!

mtbr member

Re: Been having bad thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    Ars5 is a killer bike. Killer. Buy it.
    Its really a stunning bike. I love mine.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I own both the 575 (2011) and a ASR5C (2010). I can tell you that the 575 is will bring you down the hill faster, particularly if the descent is a bit rough (rocky and/or rooty). It also handles tough technical trails better as it has a more plush suspension.

The ASR5c is a whip! Its fast anywhere, especially on climbs cause its so darn light (unlike the 575). The suspension is a bit stiffer adding to the pedalling efficiency. But given that its carbon, when descending down or through rough trails, well, I tend to slow it down for sake of the frame. Some peeps may say otherwise.

The 575 wont let you down though. Add a lightweight wheelset, crank, seatpost and a carbon bar and you'll bring the weight down considerably. Run a 20% sag rate and you'll gain a bit more pedalling efficiency.

Enjoy you're new Yeti! (Post pics)

mtbr member
    Thank you Tico. I intend to have some shedding some weight over time. The carbon bar is ready to go and next a seat post. Maybe next season a light wheel set. I'm looking forward to learning the bike as is and then tweaking it as I go along.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_tico View Post
    I own both the 575 (2011) and a ASR5C (2010). I can tell you that the 575 is will bring you down the hill faster, particularly if the descent is a bit rough (rocky and/or rooty). It also handles tough technical trails better as it has a more plush suspension.

The ASR5c is a whip! Its fast anywhere, especially on climbs cause its so darn light (unlike the 575). The suspension is a bit stiffer adding to the pedalling efficiency. But given that its carbon, when descending down or through rough trails, well, I tend to slow it down for sake of the frame. Some peeps may say otherwise.

The 575 wont let you down though. Add a lightweight wheelset, crank, seatpost and a carbon bar and you'll bring the weight down considerably. Run a 20% sag rate and you'll gain a bit more pedalling efficiency.

Enjoy you're new Yeti! (Post pics)