Thread: ASX sizing help

mtbr member
    May 2005

ASX sizing help

Hey,

FR newbie needs ASX sizing advise. I'm 6.2, 34" inseam, 28" arms to the web between a thumb and palm, 210 lbs. (if weight matters). Currently ride agressive XC on a XL 575 with 100 mm stem. 575 fits well for agressive XC, but i'm starting to do some small drops and genereally want to get into freeride and im thinking about building an ASX.

I won't be able to test ride two sizes, so i need some help from the Tribe to deside between M and L frame. If you are my dimentions, can you please give me your opinion what will be the best fit.

Thanks

mtbr member
    i am about 6'2" too (don't really know the other measurements) and i'm riding M. It's good for FR but may be a little too short for climbing. However i've got 400mm long seatpost and do XC rides on it too.
    Passion beyond reason!

Phil from San Diego
    For your size and weight, I'd say a Large is in order.

Phil.

Ami Schwein
    im 6'2...I havent measured my arms lately but my inseam is about the same (33")...and the Large fits me real nice. I didnt have a chance to test rie either but it fits like a glove. I like the longer top tube on the climbs and its no big deal on the downs either. Medium would be nice at the bike park but the majority of my time on the ride is spent on the local trails. Another thing to consider with your weight is the spring weight that comes with the medium is 450lbs i believe, correct me if im wrong, and that might be a little soft for you. Hope that helps some.
    Wait until Spring Bandini

local trails rider
    The table on Yeti's website would suggest the Large frame (unless you like small bikes). The spring that comes with the L frame should be stiff enough. If not, you can get a heavier one from Fox.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    The table on Yeti's website would suggest the Large frame (unless you like small bikes). The spring that comes with the L frame should be stiff enough. If not, you can get a heavier one from Fox.
    i've got 500lbs spring on mine and I'am bout 190lbs with gear and it's ok - 25% SAG, so you could even try 550....
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks guys.