mtbr member

ASX rear with thru-axle ?

Does anyone make ASX swingarms with thru-axle ?? How much is such a mod ?
    Passion beyond reason!

Still on Training Wheels!
    I have a 10mm thru axel on mine. I have a 12mm rear hub and I run a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axel. It deffinetly stiffnes up the rear. FWIW I have a Azonic Outlaw wheelset and use a "momentum" axel purchased through Azonic
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    I have a 10mm thru axel on mine. I have a 12mm rear hub and I run a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axel. It deffinetly stiffnes up the rear. FWIW I have a Azonic Outlaw wheelset and use a "momentum" axel purchased through Azonic
    hmmm I don't know if I called it correctly, I was talking about the kind of axle that is used eg. in Vp-Free, non qr, you know what I mean?
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    I had a thru-axle on my 575. I just switched to an AS-X, and haven't done this yet, but my husband has a Saint/thru-axle setup on his AS-X. You don't need to change the swingarm or anything.

Stray Bullet
    I am running Azonic Outlaw wheels with a 12mm x 135mm rear hub. Initially I was using the Azonic 12mm to 10mm bolt on axle. However, with the shallow AS-X dropouts I had problems with the rear wheel coming off. I switched to the Atomlab 12mm to 10mm hex keyed axle and things are way better. Rear end is stiffer, tightening the axle doesn't tear up the drop outs, and I don't have to worry about the rear wheel falling off.

I will snap some pics tomorrow. Below is what the axle looks like. Well worth the money!

Still on Training Wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by goRz
    hmmm I don't know if I called it correctly, I was talking about the kind of axle that is used eg. in Vp-Free, non qr, you know what I mean?
    This is a bolt on axel...not a QR

It looks very similar to what Nagaredama posted above.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account