mtbr member
    Jan 2006

ASX-how tall are you/ what size do you have

I have a large 2004 asx. I am about 5'11" bordering 6 feet and weigh 180 w/ gear. I have been playing w/ the thought about getting a medium next year. According to the yeti fit guide I am on the border of a med/lrg. I was wondering what size you guys ride in my weight/height range. This will be set up as my enduro/fr bike w/ single crown fork. Sometimes I feel that the large may just be a tad big for me and have been curious how a medium felt.

local trails rider
    I am about 176.5 cm / just under 5'10", with longish torso, and I have a Medium. The stem is 60 or 70 mm which makes the bike long enough for me as a trail bike. Are you racing Enduro or playing on rough trails just for fun? I think the AS-X may be a bit more bike than needed for racing (although I do not know how rough Enduro races get in other parts of the world).

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    no racing, just trail blazing

Ami Schwein
    63 190 stubby legs freakishly long torso, a large fits juuuust right. I use it for everything from bike park to XC rides.
    Wait until Spring Bandini

Stray Bullet
    I'm 6'5" 225 and ride a large AS-X. With a 65mm stem my knees don't hit the handlebars as often.

mtbr member
    6'-1", 170# and I ride a medium (per Seth's advice at Yeti). If I was not DH racing, I'd have probably gotten the large.
    Yeti | RST | Hayes | SixSixOne | Royal Racing | Syncros | Twenty6 | Kenda | Bicycle Butler Spokane, WA

mtbr member
    about 6'3" (how the hell should I know whether my torso is longish or not ?!) and I'm riding Medium with 60mm stem...
    Passion beyond reason!

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by goRz
    (how the hell should I know whether my torso is longish or not ?!)

On average, people of my nationality have legs on the short side. When I buy a pair of pants, they always need shortening. When shopping for my first mountain bike, I found that most bikes that were about the right height were much too short. That is how I know...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you are into going uphill i would get the large

If you like downhill get the medium.

I am 6'-1" 210lb...

The medium ASX works perfect for DH... I very rarely hit my knees on the bars when doing an extremely technical climb manouver up a pile of logs or someghing.

Medium DH-9 is perfect for me.

I have a large ARC and it is really good for leaning forward on long steep climbs, but noticibly big for me on the DH.

I also have a medium ASR. I am making it work well, but i think i could ride med or large on the ASR no problem.
    I am a yeti addict, 8 in all:
    Currently built:
    ASR-SL, 575, DH9, Road Project, FRO
    Currently in Pieces:
    ASX, Lawill-6,ARC

www.yetifan.com
    I'm 6ft and ride a Medium, its just right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yetifan....what kind of riding are you doing..dh or trail?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i'm 5;9 why would i get size smaller, what are the pros and cons

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyjl26
    i'm 5;9 why would i get size smaller, what are the pros and cons
    A larger/longer bike is usually ( and within reason) good for stability and pedaling. A shorter bike is better for agility or stunts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i'm really 5'8.75 and i ride a medium arc. would a small better handling for tight rocky single track?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

go Med

[QUOTE=Doro]I have a large 2004 asx. I am about 5'11" bordering 6 feet and weigh 180 w/ gear. I have been playing w/ the thought about getting a medium next year.[QUOTE]
    I'd say go for it: I'm 183cm = ~6'1" / 80+kg = ~180lbs with gear and ride Medium (also single crown), which feels just right.